Skip to main content

system - CUDALink is not initialized


I've upgraded to Mathematica 9.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 with the latest Nvidia driver (304.64). I load CUDA by using, as usual, Needs["CUDALink`"].


CUDAQ[] reports True.

CUDAInformation[] reports:



{1 -> {"Name" -> "GeForce GT 330M", "Clock Rate" -> 1265000, 
"Compute Capabilities" -> 1.2, "GPU Overlap" -> 1,
"Maximum Block Dimensions" -> {512, 512, 64},
"Maximum Grid Dimensions" -> {65535, 65535, 1},
"Maximum Threads Per Block" -> 512,
"Maximum Shared Memory Per Block" -> 16384,
"Total Constant Memory" -> 65536, "Warp Size" -> 32,
"Maximum Pitch" -> 2147483647,

"Maximum Registers Per Block" -> 16384, "Texture Alignment" -> 256,
"Multiprocessor Count" -> 6, "Core Count" -> 48,
"Execution Timeout" -> 1, "Integrated" -> False,
"Can Map Host Memory" -> True, "Compute Mode" -> "Default",
"Texture1D Width" -> 8192, "Texture2D Width" -> 65536,
"Texture2D Height" -> 32768, "Texture3D Width" -> 2048,
"Texture3D Height" -> 2048, "Texture3D Depth" -> 2048,
"Texture2D Array Width" -> 8192, "Texture2D Array Height" -> 8192,
"Texture2D Array Slices" -> 512, "Surface Alignment" -> 256,
"Concurrent Kernels" -> False, "ECC Enabled" -> False,

"TCC Enabled" -> False, "Total Memory" -> 1073414144}}

It seems that everything works. But if try to perform the following:


randM = RandomReal[1, {1000, 1000}];
CUDADot[randM, randM];

I get:



CUDADot::notinit: CUDALink is not initialized.




What does it mean? I already tryied googling looking for the error message... nothing found. Thanks in advice to whom can shed light.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...