Skip to main content

compile - Compiling the VoigtDistribution PDF


According to List of compilable functions, Erf and Erfc are compilable functions.


However, I want to make a compiled version of the PDF of a VoigtDistribution to use in a NonlinearModelFit, and it doesn't seem that the Erfc of a complex value will compile:


funcReal = 
Compile[{{x, _Real}}, Erfc[x I], CompilationTarget -> "C",

RuntimeOptions -> "Speed"]
funcComplex =
Compile[{{x, _Complex}}, Erfc[x I], CompilationTarget -> "C",
RuntimeOptions -> "Speed"]

Needs["CompiledFunctionTools`"];
CompilePrint[funcReal] (*same as funcComplex*)

1 argument
2 Real registers

4 Complex registers
Underflow checking off
Overflow checking off
Integer overflow checking off
RuntimeAttributes -> {}

R0 = A1
C0 = 0. + 1. I
R1 = 0.
Result = C3


1 C1 = R0 + R1 I
2 C1 = C1 * C0
3 C2 = R0 + R1 I
4 C2 = C2 * C0
5 C3 = MainEvaluate[ Hold[Erfc][ C2]]
6 Return

Note the call to MainEvaluate:


Erfc[I] // N

funcReal[1]
funcComplex[1]

1. - 1.65043 I

1. - 1.65043 I

1. - 1.65043 I

All the functions work, but because of the MainEvaluate, they offer no performance benefit. How can I compile this function? Is this possible? Is there an alternative formula I could use?



Removing the CompilationTarget doesn't solve the problem either.



Answer



From the documentation, we have a pseudo-Voigt Distribution that might be used as an approximation. This might be useful as a basis for making a compilable function.


PseudoVoigtDistribution[δ_, σ_] := 
Block[{g = (δ^5 + σ^5 + 2.69296 σ^4 δ + 2.42843 σ^3 δ^2 +
4.47163 σ^2 δ^3 + 0.07842 σ δ^4)^(1/5), η},
η = δ/g;
η = η*(1.36603 - 0.47719 η + 0.11116 η^2);
MixtureDistribution[{1 - η, η}, {NormalDistribution[0, g],
CauchyDistribution[0, g]}]

]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...