Skip to main content

style - Correct my use of BarChart labels


I need to make a good bar chart based on the table below (the number of nodes with its probability of falling correspond to each OF):


Table of data


Thanks to kglr I got the necessary BarChart:



data14GAOF = {{33/36, 3/36}, {11/36, 25/36}, {27/36, 8/36, 
1/36}, {14/36, 22/36}, {13/36, 10/36, 2/36, 1/36, 1/36, 1/36,
2/36, 4/36, 1/36, 1/36}, {8/36, 16/36, 8/36, 4/36}};
labels14GAOF =
Style[#, FontSize -> 18, White] & /@ {"node 4", "node 9", "node 7",
"node 3", "node 5", "node 6", "node 8", "node 10", "node 11",
"node 13"};
grouplabels14GAOF =
Style[#, Black, Bold, FontSize -> 18] & /@ {"OF1(N-1)", "OF1",
"OF2(N-1)", "OF2", "OF3(N-1)", "OF3"};

labeleddata14GAOF =
Labeled[##, Axis] & @@@
Transpose[{SortBy[-First[#] &] /@ (MapIndexed[
Labeled[#, labels14GAOF[[#2[[1]]]], Center] &, #] & /@
data14GAOF), grouplabels14GAOF}];

BarChart[labeleddata14GAOF,
ChartStyle -> {GrayLevel[0.1], GrayLevel[0.2], GrayLevel[0.3],
GrayLevel[0.4], GrayLevel[0.5], GrayLevel[0.6], GrayLevel[0.65],
GrayLevel[0.7], GrayLevel[0.75], GrayLevel[0.8],},

ChartLayout -> "Stacked", ImageSize -> 900,
AxesStyle -> Directive[Black, 24], BarSpacing -> {0, 0.8}]

But, unfortunately, I didn't take something into account and, as a result, BarChart looks like (there is a mismatch in the last column which I marked):


enter image description here


There is a strong likelihood that I chose inappropriate way to visualize and represent results.


Two questions



  • What I have to do in order to get the right labels?

  • How to make the columns closer to each other in accordance with the grouping (group OF1, group OF2, group OF3).




Answer



This is one way it can be done.


data14GAOF =
{{33/36, 3/36},
{11/36, 25/36},
{27/36, 1/36, 8/36},
{14/36, 22/36},
{1/36, 13/36, 1/36, 1/36, 2/36, 2/36, 10/36, 4/36, 1/36, 1/36},
{8/36, 8/36, 16/36, 4/36}};


labels14GAOF =
{{"node 4", "node 9"},
{"node 4", "node 9"},
{"node 4", "node 7", "node 9"},
{"node 4", "node 9"},
{"node 3", "node 4", "node 5", "node 6", "node 7",
"node 8", "node 9", "node 10", "node 11", "node 13"},
{"node 4", "node 5", "node 9", "node 11"}};


labeleddata14GAOF =
MapThread[
Labeled[#1, #2, Axis] &,
{SortBy[-First[#] &] /@
Apply[
Labeled[#1, Style[#2, FontSize -> 16, White], Center] &,
Transpose /@ Transpose[{data14GAOF, labels14GAOF}],
{2}],
grouplabels14GAOF}];


BarChart[labeleddata14GAOF,
ChartStyle ->
{GrayLevel[0.1], GrayLevel[0.2], GrayLevel[0.3], GrayLevel[0.4], GrayLevel[0.5],
GrayLevel[0.6], GrayLevel[0.65], GrayLevel[0.7], GrayLevel[0.75], GrayLevel[0.8]},
ChartLayout -> "Stacked",
AxesStyle -> Directive[Black, 24],
BarSpacing -> {Automatic, .3},
ImageSize -> Full]

chart



Notes




  • The main change in strategy is in writing a list of the labels for each bar separately. I don't think trying to pick them out a common list of all node labels was a good idea; it is just too hard to get them right that way.




  • It makes things easier to delay all the styling to label creation time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...