Skip to main content

fitting - Keeping Nonlinear Model Fit Real


So I am using the NonlinearModelFit (NLM) command with a fairly simple function. There are 4 unknowns and the (x, y) points that I am fitting the function to. I am getting my approximations from a Manipulate so I can just tweak the values till it's close enough. But once I get the values into the NLM, I get this error about the function value not being a real number at these values (not the same values that I put into the NLM). I have tried several different sets of values and every time I get the same error. I do have two constraints that keep two of my values positive.



R = 0.42; Sigma = 73.06967052; Theta=1.32757;

nData={{0.989939, 4.62}, {0.989939, 4.64}, {0.989939, 4.66},
{0.989939, 4.68}, {0.989939, 4.7}, {0.989939, 4.72},
{0.989939, 4.74}, {0.989939, 4.76}, {0.989939, 4.78},
{0.989939, 4.8}, {0.99398, 4.82}, {0.99398, 4.84},
{0.99398, 4.86}, {0.99398, 4.88}, {0.99398, 4.9},
{0.99398, 4.92}, {0.99398, 4.94}, {0.99398, 4.96},
{0.99398, 4.98}, {0.99398, 5}, {0.99398, 5.02},
{0.99398, 5.04}, {0.99398, 5.06}, {0.99398, 5.08},

{0.99398, 5.1}};

nlm = NonlinearModelFit[
nData,
{((3 + s)/(1 + s) 1/R (h + dh)^(1 + s))* ((p/(Sigma*Cos[Theta]))^s)*
Hypergeometric2F1[1 + s, s, 2 + s, (h + dh)/h0], s > 0, p > 0},
{{p, 0.207}, {s, 1}, {h0, 2.04}, {dh, 0.9}}, h
]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...