Skip to main content

differential equations - Clicking phase plane with mouse


Here is what I have thus far:


SetOptions[VectorPlot,
VectorScale -> {0.045, .9, None},
Axes -> True,

AxesLabel -> {x, y},
VectorPoints -> 16,
VectorStyle -> {GrayLevel[0.8]}];
SetOptions[ContourPlot,
ContourStyle -> {Orange, Green}];
SetOptions[ParametricPlot,
PlotStyle -> Blue];

I made the above an initialization cell. Next, I have this:


Manipulate[

Module[{f, g, tmin, tmax, xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax},
tmin = -2; tmax = 2;
xmin = -2; xmax = 4;
ymin = -4; ymax = 2;
f[x_, y_] = 2 x - y + 3 (x^2 - y^2) + 2 x y;
g[x_, y_] = x - 3 y - 3 (x^2 - y^2) + 3 x y;
ptRules = NSolve[{f[x, y] == 0, g[x, y] == 0}, {x, y}];
z = NDSolveValue[{{x'[t], y'[t]} == {f[x[t], y[t]],
g[x[t], y[t]]}, {x[0], y[0]} == #}, {x[t], y[t]}, {t, tmin,
tmax}] & /@ u;

Show[
VectorPlot[{f[x, y], g[x, y]}, {x, xmin, xmax}, {y, ymin, ymax}],
ContourPlot[{f[x, y] == 0, g[x, y] == 0}, {x, xmin, xmax}, {y,
ymin, ymax}],
Graphics[{Red, PointSize[Large], Point[{x, y}] /. ptRules}],
ParametricPlot[z, {t, tmin, tmax}]]],
{{u, {}}, Locator, Appearance -> None, LocatorAutoCreate -> All},
{z, {}, None}, Paneled -> False]

Running the manipulate gives this image.



enter image description here


Now use your mouse to click anywhere in the phase plane vector field and a solution trajectory will be drawn.


Now my question. Each time I click in the vector field, it shrinks, then expands, then draws. Can anything be done to stop this motion (shrink, expand on each click)?


Second question: The cell indicators on the right margin are blinking. What's up with that?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...