Skip to main content

Solving a list of equation which takes so much time


I try to solve a list of equation in a following way but it Mathematica solves equations after 30-40 minutes or don't solve them at all. The functions that I use are ;


u[c_] := (c^(1 - σ) - 1)/(1 - σ)
k[m_] := m^α

The equation that I try to solve numerically is ;


r[m_, s_] :=  pricemit - u'[(χ s + k[m])/β] k'[m]

with the calibration


paramFinal1 = {σ -> 2.1, β -> 0.8, pricemit -> 0.0005, α -> 0.5, χ -> 0.025};


I proceeded in the following two ways but none of them worked ;


sol[i_] := Solve[r[m, i] == 0 /. paramFinal1, m]
Table[sol[i], {i, 1, 15}]

The second way I have tried did not work neither ;


sol11 = Table[r[m, i] /. paramFinal1, {i, 1, 10}]
sol12 = Solve[sol11==0 /.paramFinal1]

These two operations take so much time or put Mathematica on "Running..." status.



How can I express this operations that Mathematica could handle easily ? Any hints, suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.


Edit : When I solve according to $s$ instead of $m$, the system is solved easily but I try to list the corresponding $m$ values for $s$ on a range between 0 and 15 (or some other number instead of 15)



Answer



Perhaps you want this


u[c_] := (c^(1 - σ) - 1)/(1 - σ)
k[m_] := m^α
r[m_, s_] := pricemit - (D[u[c], c] /. c -> (χ s + k[m])/β) D [k[m], m]
paramFinal1 = {σ -> 2.1, β -> 0.8, pricemit -> 0.0005, α -> 0.5, χ -> 0.025};
sol[i_] := FindRoot[r[m, i] == 0 /. paramFinal1, {m, 1}]
Table[sol[i], {i, 15}]


(*
{{m -> 63.437}, {m -> 63.1679}, {m -> 62.8997}, {m -> 62.6323},
{m -> 62.3657}, {m -> 62.1}, {m -> 61.8351}, {m -> 61.5711},
{m -> 61.3079}, {m -> 61.0456}, {m -> 60.7841}, {m -> 60.5234},
{m -> 60.2635}, {m -> 60.0045}, {m -> 59.7463}}
*)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...