Skip to main content

dynamic - How to compute values only if input fields are filled?


In the following code how can I keep the DynamicModule from computing values if the input values are not all filled? If I don't specify default values it will show the code used to compute the values instead of blank values.


Thanks.


backingAgreementValue[w_, σ_, 
a_] := σ /Sqrt[2 π] Exp[ -(w - a)^2/(2 σ^2)] +
w CDF[NormalDistribution[0, 1], (w - a)/σ]

DynamicModule[{w = 40, σ = 600, a = 0, n = 100, horseCut = 0.5,
backingValue, expectation, backerValue, horseValue,
horseExpectationPercentage, values},

Deploy[Style[
Panel[Grid[
Transpose[{{Style["Mean", Blue],
Style["Standard Deviation", Blue], Style["Threshold", Blue],
Style["N", Blue], Style["Player Cut", Blue],
Style["Backing Agreement Value", Orange],
Style["Expectation", Orange], Style["Player Value", Orange],
Style["Player Expectation Percentage", Orange],
Style["Backer Value", Darker[Magenta]]}, {InputField[
Dynamic[w], Number], InputField[Dynamic[σ], Number],

InputField[Dynamic[a], Number],
InputField[Dynamic[n], Number],
InputField[Dynamic[horseCut], Number],
Dynamic[
Style[backingValue =
backingAgreementValue[expectation, σ Sqrt[n], a] //
N, If[backingValue >= 0, Darker[Green], Red]]],
Dynamic[
Style[expectation = w n // N,
If[expectation >= 0, Darker[Green], Red]]],

Dynamic[
Style[horseValue = horseCut backingValue // N,
If[horseValue >= 0, Darker[Green], Red]]],
Dynamic[
Style[horseExpectationPercentage =
horseCut backingValue/expectation // N,
If[horseExpectationPercentage >= 0.5, Darker[Green], Red]]],
Dynamic[
Style[backerValue = (expectation -
backingValue + (1 - horseCut) backingValue) // N,

If[backerValue >= 0, Darker[Green], Red]]]}}],
Alignment -> Left], ImageMargins -> 10],
DefaultOptions -> {InputField -> {ContinuousAction -> True,
FieldSize -> {{5, 30}, {1, Infinity}}}}]],
SaveDefinitions -> True]

Answer



Wrap a test around the visible code. If the test passes then display the calculation otherwise display a e.g. spacer:


If[NumberQ[σ]&&NumberQ[n]& ...etc,
Dynamic[Style[
backingValue =

backingAgreementValue[expectation, σ Sqrt[n], a] // N,
If[backingValue >= 0, Darker[Green], Red]]],
Spacer[0]
]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...