Skip to main content

graphics3d - Labeling distinct objects produced by Show[RegionPlot3D's]



I have these commands


j0=Q1>0&&Q2>0&&Q3>0&&Q1+3 Q2+2 Q3<1;j1=j0&&Q1^2+3 Q2 Q1+(3 Q2+Q3)^2<3 Q2+2 Q1 Q3;Choi=2 Q3+1<2 Q1+3 Q2;MUB=Q1>3 Q2+4 Q3;Show[RegionPlot3D[j1,{Q1,0,1/2},{Q2,0,1/3},{Q3,0,1/4},AxesLabel->{"Subscript[Q, 1]","Subscript[Q, 2]","Subscript[Q, 3]"}],RegionPlot3D[j0&&MUB,{Q1,0,1/2},{Q2,0,1/3},{Q3,0,1/4},AxesLabel->{"Subscript[Q, 1]","Subscript[Q, 2]","Subscript[Q, 3]"}],RegionPlot3D[j0&&Choi,{Q1,0,1/2},{Q2,0,1/3},{Q3,0,1/4},AxesLabel->{"Subscript[Q, 1]","Subscript[Q, 2]","Subscript[Q, 3]"}],RegionPlot3D[j1&&MUB,{Q1,0,1/2},{Q2,0,1/3},{Q3,0,1/4},AxesLabel->{"Subscript[Q, 1]","Subscript[Q, 2]","Subscript[Q, 3]"}]]

which produces a three-dimensional plot


https://www.wolframcloud.com/obj/34c06e57-f136-424f-852a-6c8ad5928b08


I want to label the first (largest) object produced "PPT", the second object, "MUB", and the third object, "Choi". How might I proceed to do so?


Also, I'd appreciate any general recommendations on enhancement/presentation of the plot (coloring,...)



Answer



plots = RegionPlot3D[#, {Q1, 0, 1/2}, {Q2, 0, 1/3}, {Q3, 0, 1/4}] & /@ 
{j1, j0 && MUB, j0 && Choi};


coords = Cases[#, GraphicsComplex[x_,__] :> Median/@Transpose[x], All][[1]]& /@ plots;
labels = {"PPT", "MUB", "CHOI"};
texts3d = Graphics3D[MapThread[Text, {labels, coords}], Axes -> True];

Show[plots, texts3d, AxesLabel -> (Subscript[Q, #] & /@ {1, 2, 3})]

enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...