Skip to main content

plotting - Styling ticks in a plot



I managed to turn the ticks inside-out but the ticks go now through the numbers. In fact I would like to have it like in the picture attached (ticks pointing outside the plot and no additional ticks between the numbers). Has anyone a suggestion?


data={-1.2056,-(7288960271654/4985881289361),-1.30053,-(33199059446612625/13128459048331036),-(5130109517723890585/5148852459134416857),-1.73904,-1.164,-1.83398,-0.97505,-(152151059187768664247/302333262014074402254),-(33596749386427335752225/52657796909983176600514),-0.785963,-0.398132,-(2414923435622638997136189344226575/3392598745831412249336953513454508),-0.820439};
a=First[HistogramList[data]]
b=Range[Max[Last[HistogramList[data]]]]
Histogram[
data,
BarOrigin->Left,
Axes->False,
Frame->{{True,None},{True,None}},
FrameTicks->{

{Transpose[{a,a,Table[{-0.02,0},{i,Length[a]}]}],None},
{Transpose[{b,b,Table[{-0.02,0},{i,b}]}],None}
}
]

Example



Answer



This works, but it does require some manual tweaking


Histogram[data, BarOrigin -> Left, Axes -> False, 
Frame -> {{True, None}, {True, None}},

FrameTicks -> {{Transpose[{a,
Row[{#, Pane["", {10, Automatic}]}] & /@ a,
Table[{-0.02, 0}, {i, Length[a]}]}],
None}, {Transpose[{b,
Pane[#, {Automatic, 20}, Alignment -> {Center, Bottom}] & /@ b,
Table[{-0.02, 0}, {i, b}]}], None}}]

Mathematica graphics


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...