Skip to main content

notebooks - All the group formatting available in Mathematica



I was wondering how many pre-defined group formatting style there is in Mathematica. From Format -> Style, one see that we can go from Title (for Alt+1) to Subsubsection (Alt+6). However, this does not seem to be exhaustive. This is because, if I press Tab on a line created from any of those formattings (from Alt+1 to Alt+6), then I can automatically "move down one level" each time. However, from Subsubsection, it seems that I can still go 2 more levels down, after which Tab does its "normal" job. Are these 2 additional formattings somewhere to be found in some documentation? Are they in any way "special" and can I assign keyboard shortcuts for them as for the other ones?



Answer



The option StyleKeyMapping controls "Tab" and "Backspace" does to the style (AFAIK, it is not documented).


Row[Table[Most@NestWhileList["Tab" /. CurrentValue[{StyleDefinitions, #, StyleKeyMapping}]&,
i, Not[StringMatchQ[#, "Tab"]] &] // Column[Style[#, #] & /@ #] &,
{i, {"Chapter", "Title", "Section", "Item", "ItemParagraph", "ItemNumbered"}}], Spacer[10]]

enter image description here


The styles "Subsubsubsection" and "Subsubsubsubsection" are not listed in the Format >> Style menu.


The StyleKeyMapping option value for some "*section" styles are:



CurrentValue[{StyleDefinitions, "Subsection", StyleKeyMapping}]


{"Tab" -> "Subsubsection", "Backspace" -> "Section", KeyEvent["Tab", Modifiers -> {Shift}] -> "Section"}



CurrentValue[{StyleDefinitions, "Subsubsection", StyleKeyMapping}]


{"Tab" -> "Subsubsubsection", "Backspace" -> "Subsection", KeyEvent["Tab", Modifiers -> {Shift}] -> "Subsection"}




CurrentValue[{StyleDefinitions, "Subsubsubsection", StyleKeyMapping}]


{"Tab" -> "Subsubsubsubsection", "Backspace" -> "Subsubsection", KeyEvent["Tab", Modifiers -> {Shift}] -> "Subsubsection"}



To see the full style definitions, you can use


CurrentValue[{StyleDefinitions, "Subsubsubsection"}]


{CellMargins -> {{66, Inherited}, {2, 10}},

StyleKeyMapping -> {"Tab" -> "Subsubsubsubsection", "Backspace" -> "Subsubsection", KeyEvent["Tab", Modifiers -> {Shift}] -> "Subsubsection"},
CellGroupingRules -> {"SectionGrouping", 60},
PageBreakBelow -> False, LanguageCategory -> "NaturalLanguage", CounterIncrements -> "Subsubsubsection",
CounterAssignments -> {{"Subsubsubsubsection", 0}, {"Item", 0}, {"Subitem", 0}, {"Subsubitem", 0}, {"ItemNumbered", 0}, {"SubitemNumbered", 0}, {"SubsubitemNumbered", 0}}, MenuSortingValue -> None, FontFamily -> "Source Sans Pro",
FontSize -> 15, FontWeight -> "Bold",
FontColor -> RGBColor[0.778286411841001, 0.4230563820859083, 0.16115053025101092`]}



Similarly for 'Subsubsubsubsection".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...