Skip to main content

replacement - How to stop Replace duplicating a list when using Table?


I have a 3 dimensional list of data pairs in the form:


{{{{x11,y11},{x12,y12}},{x1...,y1...}},{{x21,y21},{x22,y22}},{x2...,y2...}}... etc

Incidentally the data originates from a Gas Chromatograph, and is ordered by: [[Channel (1-4), Experiment Number (1 - some number), Peak Number (1 - some number)]], and the pairs represent {Retentiom time, Peak area}.


I want to use the replace function to search the data under the condition that the retention time falls within some range, when this condition is satisfied for the pair: {x_,y_}, x is replaced by the name of the gas that elutes e.g. CH4, C2H4 etc., and y is replaced by the peak area multiplied by a response factor.


The retention time window condition is defined for each channel and for each species. Therefore, I made a list of species and channels containing the time windows, the species name and response factor: e.g.


species={CH4,C2H4,etc...}
CH4={CH4ch1,CH4ch2,CH4ch3,CH4ch4}

CH4ch1={{retentiontimeMin,retentiontimeMax},{"speciesname",responsefactor}}

The code that I am using is as follows:


Table[gcData[[channel, All, All]] /. {x_, y_} /; 
species[[l, channel, 1, 1]] < x <
species[[l, channel, 1, 2]] -> {species[[l, channel, 2, 2]],
y*species[[l, channel, 2, 1]]}, {channel, 1, 4}, {l, 1, 7}]

Where gcData is the list of data, and l is the species number.


My problem is that when I use replace I get my original list of data, duplicated 7 times (the number of species I am searching for), where in each iteration the species I am searching for is correctly identified and replace, but on the subsequent iteration I do not see the originally replaced species.



A sample section from the resultant data is shown below:


{{{{"CH4", 34423708},
{1.581, 240631},
{1.741, 63594},
{2.192, 5568}}}
{{{1.406, 34423708},
{"C2H6", 0.292896},
{1.741, 63594},
{2.192, 5568},}}},
{{{1.406, 34423708},

{1.581, 240631},
{"C2H4", 0.0772031},
{2.192, 5568},}}}}

How do I stop it duplicating the list?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...