Skip to main content

bugs - Strange Error on Fresh Kernel (10.2)


Bug introduced in 10.1


I wrote a helper function to format real numbers in a certain format for writing .dbf files here. It relies on a new function to 10.1 - StringPadLeft.


Here's that function:


realformat[num_] := ToString@ScientificForm@PaddedForm[num + 0., {12, 11}, 

NumberFormat -> (Row[{#1, "e", If[ToExpression[(#3 /. "" -> "0")] < 0, "-", "+"],
StringPadLeft[StringReplace[ToString@#3, "-" -> ""], 3, "0"]}] &)]

SetAttributes[realformat, Listable]

realformat[{56023.3, 16, -1523532.1}]


{" 5.60233000000e+004", " 1.60000000000e+001", "-1.52353210000e+006"}




However, the first time this is called (ie on a fresh kernel), I get the following error:



Get::noopen: Cannot open C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mathematica\Paclets\Repository\GeneralUtilities-10.2.1\Kernel\ 64.00000000000Bit\GeneralUtilities.mx\



And the output is as such:



{" 5.60233000000e+StringPadLeft[4, 3.00000000000e+StringPadLeft[, \ 3.00000000000, 0], 0]", " 1.60000000000e+StringPadLeft[1, \ 3.00000000000e+StringPadLeft[, 3.00000000000, 0], 0]", \ "-1.52353210000e+StringPadLeft[6, 3.00000000000e+StringPadLeft[, \ 3.00000000000, 0], 0]"}



Oh dear.


Now I can navigate to the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mathematica\Paclets\Repository\GeneralUtilities-10.2.1 and manually run the GeneralUtilities package, which solves the issue, but that's rather annoying. All file permissions look okay and I've tried resetting all settings to no avail.



Anybody have a solution or is this a bug?


$Version
10.2.0 for Microsoft Windows (64-bit) (July 7, 2015)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...