Skip to main content

graphics - How to draw multiple coordinates on mathematica?


For example:


enter image description here


How can I draw such kinds of coordinates?


Thank you~



Answer




You build this in Mathematica like you would do in any other descriptive language (you might want to use TikZ for this): step by step. Choosing nicer colors,adjusting the distances etc. is left as an exercise to the reader.


cosy[labels_, labelstyle_] := Flatten@{
Arrow[{{0, 0, 0}, {1, 0, 0}}],
Arrow[{{0, 0, 0}, {0, 1, 0}}],
Arrow[{{0, 0, 0}, {0, 0, 1}}],
labelstyle,
Text[labels[[1]], {1.1, 0, 0}],
Text[labels[[2]], {0, 1.1, 0}],
Text[labels[[3]], {0, 0, 1.1}]
};

Graphics3D[{
{ (* Coordinate system 1 *)

cosy[{"X", "Y", "Z"}, Darker@Orange],
Darker@Orange,
Text["World", {-.3, -.3, .5}]
},
{ (* Coordinate system 2 *)

Rotate[cosy[{"x", "y", "z"}, Blue], -30 \[Degree], {-1, 0, 1}]~

Translate~{0, 0, -2}
},

{ (* Connecting arrow *)
Darker@Green,
Arrow[{{0, 0, 0}, {0, 0, -2}}],
Text["C(t)", {0, -.2, -1}]
},

{ (* Red stuff *)

Red,
Arrow[{{0, 0, 0}, {0, 3, -1}}],
Arrow[{{0, 0, -2}, {0, 3, -1}}],
Text["\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(p\), \(world\)]\)",
1/2 {0, 3, -1} + {0, 0, .5}],
Text["\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(p\), \(0\)]\)",
1/2 {0, 3, -1} + {0, 0, -1.5}],
Text["p(t)", {0, 3, -1} + {0, .5, 0}]
}
}, Boxed -> False]



enter image description here



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...