Skip to main content

differential equations - Solving ODES in order to find unknown constants


I am trying to solve a set of ODES which represent a second order consecutive chemical reaction.


eqn = {
CA'[t] == -k1*CA[t]*CF[t],
CB'[t] == k1*CA[t]*CF[t] - k2*CB[t]*CF[t],

CC'[t] == k2*CB[t]*CF[t] - k3*CC[t]*CF[t],
CD'[t] == k3*CC[t]*CF[t] - k4*CD[t]*CF[t],
CE'[t] == k4*CD[t]*CF[t],
CF'[t] == -(k1*CA[t]*CF[t] + k2*CB[t]*CF[t] + k3*CC[t]*CF[t] +
k4*CD[t]*CF[t])};

I want to solve these equations either for a generic expression for k1, k2, k3, or k4, or for a particular value with these particular boundary conditions, n.b. not to sure if both t= 1 and t = 4 needs to be used...


bcs = {
CA[0] == 0.052952,
CB[0] == 0,

CC[0] == 0,
CD[0] == 0,
CE[0] == 0,
CF[0] == 0.0226939,
CA[1] == 0.047442,
CB[1] == 4.08*10^-3,
CC[1] == 1.24*10^-3,
CD[1] == 0.19*10^-3,
CE[1] == 0,
CF[1] == 0.0191289,

CA[4] == 0.043412,
CB[4] == 5.03*10^-3,
CC[4] == 3.54*10^-3,
CD[4] == 0.90*10^-3,
CE[4] == 0.07*10^-3,
CF[4] == 0.0151489};

I have tried to use both NDsolve and Dsolve, NDSolve requires that I have initial values for k1, k2, k3, k4 and Dsolve doesn't seem to want to help... the rest of my code for DSolve...


vars = {CA[t], CB[t], CC[t], CD[t], CE[t], CF[t]};


solution[t_] = DSolve[{eqn, bcs}, vars, t]

Any help would be appreciated!! Chemistry is my forte not Mathematica!!


Cheers!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...