Skip to main content

Plotting ListLinePlots together creating a 3D view



I have a *.xlsx file containing four columns, each pair representing an x and y value, so (from left to right): x_sample1, y_sample1, x_sample2, y_sample2.


What I wanted to do, is put them in a ListLinePlot (or something similar) next to each other in a 3-D view. I managed to get what I wanted using ListPointPlot, but a continuous line for each sample would look better for my purposes. ListPointPlot (to my knowledge) only let me use Filling to simulate a more continuous, solid look - but that doesn't really cut it. Attached below is a picture of what I did so far and how the general look of it should be. enter image description here


I used a (rather ugly) workaround to get this to work: for each plot I added an artificial x value named "row" in integer values from 1-14 and these were followed by the original plot data corresponding to y and z data for this plot.


The code I used is:


ListPointPlot3D[{exceldaten[[All, {1, 2, 3}]], exceldaten[[All, {4, 5, 6}]], 
exceldaten[[All, {7, 8, 9}]], exceldaten[[All, {10, 11, 12}]],
exceldaten[[All, {13, 14, 15}]], exceldaten[[All, {16, 17, 18}]],
exceldaten[[All, {19, 20, 21}]], exceldaten[[All, {22, 23, 24}]],
exceldaten[[All, {25, 26, 27}]], exceldaten[[All, {28, 29, 30}]],
exceldaten[[All, {31, 32, 33}]], exceldaten[[All, {34, 35, 36}]],

exceldaten[[All, {37, 38, 39}]], exceldaten[[All, {40, 41, 42}]]},
PlotRange -> {{0.5, 14.5}, {0.0002, 0.0006}, {0, 50000}},
Filling -> Axis, FillingStyle -> Automatic, Axes -> {False, True,True},
AxesLabel -> {None, "mobility (corresponding unit)", "cps"},
Ticks -> {header[[3 ;; 42 ;; 3]], Automatic, Automatic},
LabelStyle -> Directive[Bold, Medium], PlotLegends -> header[[3 ;; 42 ;; 3]]]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...