Skip to main content

list manipulation - Adding points limits


With 4 points I set a path where your total length was subdivided into 300 points


Clear["Global`*"]  
points={{0,0},{5,8.07774721},{10,4.24499363},{20,9.28880172}}
Needs["GraphUtilities`"]

n=300;
pts=LineScaledCoordinate[points,N@(#/n)]&/@Range[0,n];


However with this code were not included in the list points. Then with the function below I've added.


pts=Insert[pts,points[[2]],107];  
pts=Insert[pts,points[[3]],177];

I added these points in the correct position because I searched by hand and applied the function.
This is the first question:
How do you find these positions in an automatic way?


With that done, with these new items i created divisions where these points are at the end of each list.
How could I do that these points are reference for these divisions?



list1=pts[[#,1]]&/@Range[107];  
list2=pts[[#,1]]&/@Range[108,177];
list3=pts[[#,1]]&/@Range[178,303];

Answer



This is a answer based on the solution of Michael E2.


I would like to offer my attempts without damaging the response that does not belong to me.


My attempts


Here is the list pts without the values from the list points


Clear["Global`*"]
points = {{0, 0}, {5, 8.07774721}, {10, 4.24499363}, {20, 9.28880172}};

Needs["GraphUtilities`"]

n = 300;
pts = LineScaledCoordinate[points, N@(#/n)] & /@ Range[0, n];

With the function below it is possible to structure the points from the list points in pairs with offset value 1.


Partition[points, 2, 1]


$\left( \begin{array}{cc} \{0,0\} & \{5,8.07775\} \\ \{5,8.07775\} & \{10,4.24499\} \\ \{10,4.24499\} & \{20,9.2888\} \\ \end{array} \right)$




With the function below it is possible to get the lengths between the pairs mentioned above


partialPath = EuclideanDistance @@@ Partition[points, 2, 1] // N

enter image description here



$\{9.5,6.3,11.2\}$



With the function below it is possible to make the accumulated form sum


Accumulate[partialPath]



$\{9.5,15.8,27.\}$



With the function below it is possible to delete the last element of the accumulated numbers list


Most@Accumulate[partialPath]


$\{9.5,15.8\}$




With the function below it is possible to use the last element of the accumulated numbers list


Last@Accumulate[partialPath]


$27$



With the function below it is possible to get the percentage of each path with the full path


porcentPath = {#/Last@Accumulate[partialPath]} & /@Most@Accumulate[partialPath]

enter image description here




$\left( \begin{array}{c} 0.351852 \\ 0.585185 \\ \end{array} \right)$



With the function below, it is possible to separate the points in the points list that are not included in the pts list


valuesPositions = Rest@Most@points

enter image description here



$\left( \begin{array}{cc} 5 & 8.07775 \\ 10 & 4.24499 \\ \end{array} \right)$




With the function below it is possible to identify which positions in should be inserted the values {5,8.07774721} and {10,4.24499363}


pos = Flatten@Transpose[Ceiling[n*porcentPath] + 1]

enter image description here



$\{107,177\}$



With the function below it is possible to define a list to be added values, the values to be added and the positions they should be inserted.


InsertValuePosition[list_, values_, positions_] := 
Fold[Insert[#, #2[[1]], #2[[2]]] &, list, Transpose[{values, positions}]]

pts = InsertValuePosition[pts, valuesPositions, Transpose[{pos}]]

With the function below it is possible to subdivide the pts list in three other lists where the entered values are at the end of the two first lists


FoldPairList[TakeDrop, pts, Flatten@{0, pos, Length@pts} // Differences]

enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...