Skip to main content

differential equations - Determining the price of an option using Black-Scholes


Question


Question2


Question3


Code for randomly generated interest rates:



ClearAll["Global`*"]
Δt = .0001;
μ = 0;
γ = .005;
t = .0833;
rndm := RandomVariate[NormalDistribution[0, Δt^.5], 834];
Prepend[Accumulate[rndm] γ + μ Δt + .0158, .0158];
k = 100;
SeedRandom[1]
rate = Table[Prepend[Accumulate[rndm] γ + μ dt + .0158, .0158], k];


Code for BTCS method (transition matrix)


btcs[k_, n_] = 
SparseArray[
{{m_, m_} -> 1 - 2*λ*Indexed[s, m]^2 - Indexed[rate, {k, n}]*dt,
{m_, l_} /; l - m == 1 ->
λ*Indexed[s, m]^2 + μ*Indexed[rate, {k, n}]*Indexed[s, m],
{m_, l_} /; m - l == 1 ->
λ*Indexed[s, m]^2 - μ*Indexed[rate, {k, n}]*Indexed[s, m]},
{101, 101}];


Code for Crank-Nicolson (transition matricies)


(*V^(n+1) time step to V^(n+1) time step*)

cn1[k2_, n_] =
SparseArray[
{{m_, m_} ->
1/2 + 1/2*((σ^2 Indexed[s, i]^2)/(Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2)*Δt) + 1/2*Indexed[rate, {k2, n}]*dt,
{m_, l_} /; l - m == 1 ->
-(1/4)*((σ^2 Indexed[s, i]^2)/(Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2)*Δt) - 1/2*Indexed[rate, {k2, n}]*(Indexed[s, i]/(2*Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2 Δt)),

{m_, l_} /; m - l == 1 ->
-(1/4)*((σ^2 Indexed[s, i]^2)/(Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2)*Δt) + 1/2*Indexed[rate, {k2, n}]*(Indexed[s, i]/(2*Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2 Δt))},
{101, 101}]

(*from V^(n+(1/2)) time step to V^n*)

cn2[k_, n_] =
SparseArray[
{{m_, m_} ->
3/2 + 1/2*((σ^2 Indexed[s, i]^2)/(Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2)*Δt) + 1/2*Indexed[rate, {k2, n}]*dt,

{m_, l_} /; l - m == 1 ->
-(1/4)*((σ^2 Indexed[s, i]^2)/(Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2)*Δt) - 1/2*Indexed[rate, {k2, n}]*(Indexed[s, i]/(2*Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2 Δt)),
{m_, l_} /; m - l == 1 ->
-(1/4)*((σ^2 Indexed[s, i]^2)/(Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2)*Δt) + 1/2*Indexed[rate, {k2, n}]*(Indexed[s, i]/(2*Δ*Indexed[s, i]^2 Δt))},
{101, 101}]

How should I approach calculating the ratio ||Vn||/||Vn+1|| using the first sequence interest rates randomly generated above? And how can can I implement the code to calculate the option using FTCS (forward Euler), BTCS (backward Euler), and Crank-Nicolson using the transition matrices above?


Here is code I used before to solve a different PDE using Crank-Nicolson:


    s = 0.5;
h = 0.1;

k = 0.005;
r = k/(h^2);
a = 0;
b1 = 1;
m = (b1 - a)/h;
n = s/k;

For[i = 0,i <= m,i++,
x[i] = a + i*h;
u[x[i], 0] = x[i]*(1 - x[i])];

For[j=0,j<=n,j++,
t[j]=j*k;
u[0,t[j]]=0;
u[1,t[j]]=0];
A =
{{2 + 2*r, -r, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
{-r, 2 + 2*r, -r, 0, 0, 0 ,0, 0, 0},
{0, -r, 2 + 2*r, -r, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0},
{0, 0, -r, 2 + 2*r, -r, 0, 0, 0, 0},
{0, 0, 0, -r, 2 + 2*r, -r, 0, 0, 0},

{0, 0 ,0, 0, -r, 2 + 2*r, -r, 0, 0},
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -r, 2 + 2*r, -r, 0},
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -r, 2 + 2*r, -r},
{0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, -r, 2 + 2*r}};
u[0] = Table[u[x[i], 0],{i, 1, m - 1}];
For[j = 0,j < n, j++,
b[1, j] = r*u[0, t[j]] + (2 - 2*r)*u[j][[1]] + r*u[j][[2]] + r*u[0, t[j + 1]];
For[i = 2, i <= m - 2, i++,
b[i, j] = r*u[j][[i - 1]]+ (2 - 2*r)*u[j][[i]] + r*u[j][[i + 1]]];
b[9, j] =

r*u[j][[m - 2]] + (2 - 2*r)*u [j][[m -1]] + r*u[1, t[j]] + r*u[1, t[j + 1]];
b[j] = Table[b[l, j], {l, 1, m - 1}];
u[j + 1] = Inverse[A].Transpose[{b[j]}];
u[j + 1] = Transpose[u[j + 1]][[1]];
Print[u[j + 1]];
Print[".............................."]];

Can this be modified to include a sparse array? Any help will be greatly appreciated.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...