Skip to main content

graphics - LocatorPane, selecting multiple Locators


Consider the following snippet


  pts = RandomReal[1, {3, 2}]
g = Graphics[{Polygon[Dynamic[pts]]}, PlotRegion -> {{0, 0}, {2, 2}}];

Panel[LocatorPane[Dynamic[pts], g]]

I would like to be able to drag the triangle as a whole. I found none and assume this has to be added via code, i.e. EventHandler but found no examples of this.


Question: How can I select, and act upon multiple locators, i.e. drag, scale, apply a transformation to the points?



Answer



Here's one way to do it. In this example I've used one list of points for the vertices of the two shapes. The inner EventHandler sets the flag drag which indicates which shape should be moved. The outer EventHandler actually moves the shape. Releasing the mouse resets drag to 0 again. I'm using PassEventsDown -> True in the outer event handlers to make sure that the mouse events are handed over from outer to the inner event handlers.


DynamicModule[{pts, range, gr, drag, pts0},
pts = RandomReal[1, {7, 2}];
range = {Span[1, 4], Span[5, 7]};
gr = {{Red, Polygon[Dynamic[pts[[range[[1]]]]]]},

{Blue, Polygon[Dynamic[pts[[range[[2]]]]]]}};
drag = 0;

Panel[LocatorPane[Dynamic[pts],
EventHandler[
Graphics[
EventHandler[gr[[#]],
{"MouseDown" :> (drag = #;
pts0 = # - MousePosition["Graphics"] & /@ pts[[range[[#]]]])}
] & /@ {1, 2},

PlotRange -> {{0, 2}, {0, 2}}],
{"MouseDragged" :>
If[drag > 0, pts[[range[[drag]]]] = # + MousePosition["Graphics"] & /@ pts0],
"MouseUp" :> (drag = 0)},
PassEventsDown -> True]]]]

Mathematica graphics


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...