Skip to main content

geography - Neighboring counties (within the State of Florida) for every county in the State of Florida


When I attempt evaluating:


 Entity[Alachua County, Florida, United States(administrative division)]   [EntityProperty["AdministrativeDivision","BorderingCounties"]]

I get: Missing["UnknownEntity", {"AdministrativeDivision", {"AlachuaCounty", "Florida", "UnitedStates"}}]


The "BorderingCounties" attribute does NOT work on my computer for some unknown reason. Other attributes (like "BorderingStates") work just fine. I'm attempting to find an alternative way to get the result that I'm seeking. I'm attempting to get a list of neighboring counties (within the State of Florida) for every county in the State of Florida. For example; after evaluating:


 counties=EntityList[US counties in Florida (administrative divisions)];

I first try to build a list of neighboring counties; surrounding Escambia county; within the State of Florida as follows:



 counties[[16]

gives: "Escambia County, Florida, United States" but,


Cases[GeoNearest["USCounty", counties[[16]]], Except[counties[[16]]]]

gives: {"Baldwin County, Alabama, United States", "Escambia County, Alabama, United States", "Santa Rosa, Florida, United States"} (which excludes Escambia County, as I want) but, gives me unwanted neighboring counties from the State of Alabama. How can I accommodate another Except within GeoNearest[] to isolate only the counties in Florida? The only neighboring county to Escambia County within the State of Florida should be Santa Rosa County. Similarly;


 counties[45]

gives: "Nassau County, Florida, United States" and


 Cases[GeoNearest["USCounty", counties[[45]]], Except[counties[[45]]]]


gives: {"Baker County, Florida, United States", "Camden County, Georgia, United States", "Charlton County, Georgia, United States", "Charlton County, Georgia, United States","Duval County, Florida, United States"} but, the answer that I'm seeking is: {"Baker County, Florida, United States", "Duval County, Florida, United States"}. The Except command should eliminate those counties located in Alabama and Georgia to isolate the counties in Florida. Thank you!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...