Skip to main content

graphics3d - How to make this 3D animation


How to make an animation of following gif by using Mathematica?


enter image description here



Answer



You can use the new RandomPoint- function to sample points from a sphere and use the second argument of Text to position some text in 3D. Text will automatically make the string face towards the viewer/camera for you.



pts = RandomPoint[Sphere[{0, 0, 0}], 100];
Text["test", #] & /@ pts // Graphics3D[#, SphericalRegion -> True, Boxed -> False] &

gif




Another approach is instead of rotating the entire graphic (as done above) to rotate the points themselves via RotationTransform. This enables the use of coordinate dependent color and size. An appropriate transformation could be


r[angle_?NumericQ, pivot : {_, _}] := RotationTransform[angle Degree, pivot];

and can be used as follows to archive something closer to what you are looking for with color and size scaling done in respect to the y-coordinate


Graphics3D[(Style[Text["test", #], FontSize -> 14 - 5*(#[[2]] + 1), 

FontColor -> Blend[{Black, White}, #[[2]]]] & /@
r[0, {{0, 0.2, 1}, {1, 0, 0}}] /@ pts), BoxRatios -> {1, 1, 1},
Boxed -> True, Axes-> True, AxesLabel -> {"x", "y", "z"}]

picture2


This can be animated for instance like this


Animate[Graphics3D[(Style[Text["test", #], 
FontSize -> 14 - 5*(#[[2]] + 1),
FontColor -> Blend[{Black, White}, #[[2]]]] & /@
r[angle, {{0, 0, 1}, {0.2, -1, 0}}] /@ pts),

BoxRatios -> {1, 1, 1}, SphericalRegion -> True, Boxed -> False,
ViewPoint -> Front], {angle, 0, 360}]

final result


To archive your desired look you might have to play around a bit with the color- and size scaling


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...