Skip to main content

plotting - Mathematica taking forever to compute


I want to simulate the fresnel diffraction through circular aperture.But mathematica is taking forever to calculate.Here is my code.


  f[x_?NumericQ, y_?NumericQ, d_?NumericQ, p_?NumericQ, t_?NumericQ] := 
NIntegrate[(\[Zeta]*(Exp[
I*20000 ((d^2 + \[Zeta]^2)^(0.5) + ((p^2 + (x - \[Zeta]*
Cos[t])^2 + (y - \[Zeta]*
Sin[t])^2)^(0.5)))]))/(d^2 + \[Zeta]^2)^(0.5), {\
\[Zeta], 0, 0.008}]

w[x_?NumericQ, y_?NumericQ, d_?NumericQ, p_?NumericQ] :=
NIntegrate[f[x, y, d, p, t], {t, 0, 2*Pi}]
g[x_, y_, d_, p_] := (Abs[w[x, y, d, p]])^2
Plot3D[g[x, y, 0.004, 20], {x, -100, 100}, {y, -100, 100},
PlotRange -> Full]

What's the way out? *Specs:i5 7th gen intel processor,12 gb ram



Answer



Let's compile the integrand into a Listable CompiledFunction:


cintegrand = Block[{x, y, d, p, ζ, t},

With[{code =
N[(ζ (Exp[I 20000 ((d^2 + ζ^2)^(1/2) + ((p^2 + (x - ζ Cos[t])^2 + (y - ζ Sin[t])^2)^(1/2)))]))/(d^2 + ζ^2)^(1/2)]
},
Compile[{{x, _Real}, {y, _Real}, {d, _Real}, {p, _Real}, {ζ, _Real}, {t, _Real}},
code,
CompilationTarget -> "C",
RuntimeAttributes -> {Listable},
Parallelization -> True
]
]

];

Next, pick a Gauss quadrature rule for high order polynomials (the integrand is very smooth but quite oscillatory):


{pts, weights, errweights} = NIntegrate`GaussRuleData[9, $MachinePrecision];

Divide the integration domain into $m \times n$ rectangles and set up the quadrature points and weights:


m = 20;
n = 20;
ζdata = Partition[Subdivide[0., 0.008, m], 2, 1];
tdata = Partition[Subdivide[0., 2 Pi, n], 2, 1];

{ζ, t} = Transpose[Tuples[{Flatten[ζdata.{1. - pts, pts}], Flatten[tdata.{1. - pts, pts}]}]];
ω = Flatten[KroneckerProduct[
Flatten[KroneckerProduct[Differences /@ ζdata, weights]],
Flatten[KroneckerProduct[Differences /@ tdata, weights]]
]];

Define the mapping that parameterizes the graph of OP's function w:


W = {x, y} \[Function] {x, y, Abs[cintegrand[x, y, 0.004, 20., ζ, t].ω]^2};

Compute the values of W on a $101 \times 101$ grid:



R = 2.;
data = Outer[W, Subdivide[-R, R, 100], Subdivide[-R, R, 100]]; // AbsoluteTiming // First


28.2668



Plot the result


ListPlot3D[Flatten[data, 1], PlotRange -> All, AxesLabel -> {"x", "y", "w"}]

enter image description here



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...