Skip to main content

graphics - Rectangle with rounded edges



Inspired from :


Fit an image within a Rectangle [] in Graphics


I would like now to fit an image within a Rectangle[] with rounded edges as shown in the example below :


enter image description here


Is it possible ?



Answer



Using pieces from the linked answers, and Heike's code:


Text piece:


 txt1 = Take[
ExampleData[{"Text", "LoremIpsum"}, "Lines"], {1, -1, 2}][[1]] //

StringTake[#, 330] &;

Image piece:


 pic = Import["http://dailytechgadgets.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/old-ferrari.jpg"];

And Heike's code for rectangles:


 rec[ll_, ur_, pic_] := 
Module[{crop, boxrat},
boxrat = #2/#1 & @@ MapThread[Abs[#2 - #1] &, {ll, ur}];
crop = ImageCrop[pic, Transpose[{ImageDimensions[pic]}],

AspectRatio -> boxrat];
Inset[crop, Min /@ Transpose[{ll, ur}], {Left, Bottom},
Abs[ur - ll]]]

and Heike's code again for putting all together -- just adding RoundingRadius to rectangle objects and commenting out lines that produce lines--:


 Graphics[{EdgeForm[{Thickness[0.005`], Black}], FaceForm[White], 
Rectangle[{0, 0}, {160, 90}, RoundingRadius -> 4],
FaceForm[Darker[Gray]],
Rectangle[{0, 0}, {80, 63},
RoundingRadius -> 4],(*code for picture*){rec[{80, 0}, {160, 63},

pic], FaceForm[Opacity[0]],
Rectangle[{80, 0}, {160, 63},
RoundingRadius -> 4]},(*code for text*)
Inset[Pane[
Style[txt1, 12, TextAlignment -> Left], {Scaled[1],
Scaled[0.75`]}, Alignment -> Center,
ImageSizeAction -> "Scrollable"], {0, 8}, {Left, Bottom}, {78,67}],
Flatten[Transpose[{Flatten[(Table[
RandomChoice[{GrayLevel[0.15`], c0[[#1]]}], {3}] &) /@
Range[2, 4, 1]],

MapThread[
Function[{Xs, Ys},
Rectangle[{Xs, Ys}, {Xs + 16, Ys + 9},
RoundingRadius -> 4]], {Flatten[Table[Range[0, 32, 16], {3}]],
Flatten[(Table[#1, {3}] &) /@ Range[63, 81, 9]]}]}]](*,{Black,
Thickness[0.005`],Line[{{0,63},{159,63}}]}*)},
PlotRange -> {{0, 160}, {0, 90}}, Method -> {"ShrinkWrap" -> True},
ImagePadding -> 2, ImageMargins -> 0, ImageSize -> 500]

produces:



image output


You need further refinements to clean up. In particular, the image needs to be masked with a rectangle with rounded corners.


EDIT: For masking an image with a round-cornered reactangle, play with the parameters of Rectangle in


 pic2 = ImageAdd[ pic, 
Graphics[{Black, Rectangle[{2, 1}, {4, 2}, RoundingRadius -> .2]}]]

Update: For better masking using SetAlphaChannel and better handling of image size (Thanks: @ssch and @Jens)


roundImage[img_, r_] := Module[{dim = ImageDimensions[img], sr}, 
sr = Max[dim]*r;
SetAlphaChannel[img,

Graphics[{White, Rectangle[Scaled[{0, 0}], Scaled[{1, 1}], RoundingRadius -> sr]},
Background -> Black, PlotRangePadding -> 0,
PlotRange -> {{0, 0}, dim}\[Transpose], AspectRatio -> Automatic] ]]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...