Skip to main content

Want to compute the permutations of {1, 2, ..., 11} with only 3 GB of memory



There is another way to calculate


Permutations [{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11}]


without triggering an error, I have 3 GB of RAM with WIN 7


Edit:


This short code is the one that broke my head for a while, are 11 variables that must meet a very specific condition, their difference must be 1. either can take the 11 values, hence all permutations, this code is an adaptation of another code I saw here, which helps me to what I need.


juan[{a_, b_, c_, d_, e_, f_, g_, h_, i_, j_, k_}] := 
Abs[Differences /@ ({{a, b}, {a, c}, {b, c}, {b, f}, {b, e}, {c,
e}, {c, f}, {c, g}, {d, f}, {d, g}, {e, b}, {e, a}, {e, f}, {e,
i}, {e, h}, {f, g}, {f, j}, {f, i}, {f, h}, {g, i}, {g,
j}, {h, i}, {h, k}, {i, j}, {i, k}, {j, k}})] // Flatten
*(*per = Permutations[Range@11]*) (this line is calculated as 799 consecutive files in HD thanks to the collaboration of rasher)

(*per=Import["C:\\Users\\M\\Desktop\\per.txt"]*)(as I upload the files sequentially and that its securities are passing the variable "per" and will be prosecuted.?)
Select[per, FreeQ[juan@#, 1] &]

Answer



This will write the permutations to permutations.txt in list blocks of ~50,000 each.


Quiet@Block[{$ContextPath}, Needs["Combinatorica`"]]

len = 11
numchunk = 1000

chunks = Partition[Clip[FindDivisions[{0, len! - 1, 1}, numchunk],

{0, len! - 1}, {0,len! - 1}], 2, 1] //
(# + Join[{{0, 0}}, ConstantArray[{1, 0}, Length@# - 1]]) &;

Monitor[(chunk = #; (Combinatorica`UnrankPermutation[#, 11] & /@
Range @@ chunk) >>
"permutations-" <> ToString[First@#] <> "-" <>
ToString[Last@#] <> ".txt") & /@ chunks;, chunk]

Will take about an hour, I'd ventue...


If you must have equal sized files, you'll want to create your own chunks, since FindDivisions uses a heuristic that usually won't meet that criteria, e.g. in your case for 11 length:



p = Partition[Range[1, 102089*392, 102089] - 1, 2, 1];
p[[1]] = p[[1]] - {0, 1};
p[[2 ;;, 1]] = p[[2 ;;, 1]] + 1;
chunks = p;

Will create files all with same # of permutations (about 100k).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...