Skip to main content

plotting - How to use ParametricPlot and fill closed areas with blue and red?


The current code is :


ParametricPlot[{
{Cos[t] + 1/2, Sin[t]}*10,
5 {Cos[t/2], Sin[t/2]},

5 {Cos[t/2 + Pi] + 2, Sin[Pi + t/2]},
If[r < 1.1, r {Cos[t] + 10/r, Sin[t]}],
If[r > .9 && r < 2.1, (r - 1) {Cos[t], Sin[t]}]
},
{t, -0.1, 2 Pi + 0.1}, {r, 0, 5}, MeshFunctions -> {#4 &},
Mesh -> {{0, 1, 5}}, MeshShading -> {Red, Blue}, PlotRange -> All,
Frame -> {False, False}, Axes -> None, PlotStyle -> {Red, Red, Red}]

and its output:


enter image description here



How to fill the close areas with blue neighbored by red?


Update 1 : I want to see whether it is possible to create such figure by using ParametricPlot and the region filling options.


Update 2


Desired result should be similar to:


enter image description here Obtained by:


Graphics[{Red, Disk[], Blue, 
Polygon[Join[Table[{Cos[a], Sin[a]}, {a, Pi, 2 Pi, Pi/360}],
Table[{-1/2, 0} + {Cos[a], Sin[a]} /2, {a, 0, Pi, Pi/360}],
Table[{1/2, 0} + {Cos[a], Sin[a]} /2, {a, Pi, 2 Pi, Pi/360}]]],
Blue, Disk[{+1/2, 0}, 1/8], Red, Disk[{-1/2, 0}, 1/8]},

ImageSize -> Large]

Another similar but undesired implementation is:


Plot[{Sqrt[1 - x^2], -Sqrt[1 - x^2], Sqrt[x - x^2], -Sqrt[-x - x^2], 
Sqrt[0.025 - (x - 0.5)^2], -Sqrt[0.025 - (x - 0.5)^2],
Sqrt[0.025 - (x + 0.5)^2], -Sqrt[0.025 - (x + 0.5)^2]}, {x, -1, 1},
Filling -> {1 -> {Axis, Red}, 2 -> {{4}, Blue}, 2 -> {Axis, Blue},
3 -> {Axis, Blue}, 4 -> {Axis, Red}, 5 -> {{6}, Red},
7 -> {{8}, Blue}}, AspectRatio -> Automatic, Axes -> False,
PlotStyle -> None,

ImageSize -> Large]

which gives:


enter image description here


Update 3


Inspired by ubpdqn's answer below, I tried the following code:


ParametricPlot[{u {-Sin[t], Cos[t]}, u {Sin[t], Cos[t]}}, {t, 0, 
Pi}, {u, 0, 1},
MeshFunctions -> {(Boole[(
If[#1 <= 0,

#2 - Sqrt[0.25 - (#1 + 0.5)^2] >= 0 || (#1 + .5)^2 + #2^2 <
1/64,
#2 + Sqrt[0.25 - (#1 - 0.5)^2] >= 0 && (#1 - .5)^2 + #2^2 >
1/64]
)] &)}, Mesh -> {{0.1}}, MeshShading -> {Blue, Red},
PlotPoints -> 70,
Frame -> False, Axes -> False, BoundaryStyle -> None,
ImageSize -> Large]

which gives:



enter image description here


and should be the right answer.



Answer



I post this is a separate answer. It uses ParametricPlot as per question title (rather than polygon). If this is against protocol, let me know and I can merge. Further, advice re: removal of vertical line(x=0&&y>0) welcome.


plt1 = ParametricPlot[u {Sin[t], Cos[t]}, {t, 0, Pi}, {u, 0, 1}, 
MeshFunctions -> {(Boole[#1 #2 <= 0] ((#1 - 0.5)^2 + #2^2) &)},
Mesh -> {{0.25}}, MeshShading -> {Blue, Red},
Frame -> False, Axes -> False, BoundaryStyle -> None];
plt2 = ParametricPlot[u {-Sin[t], Cos[t]}, {t, 0, Pi}, {u, 0, 1},
MeshFunctions -> {(Boole[#1 #2 <= 0] ((#1 + 0.5)^2 + #2^2) &)},

Mesh -> {{0.25}}, MeshShading -> {Red, Blue}, Frame -> False,
Axes -> False, BoundaryStyle -> None];
Show[plt1, plt2, PlotRange -> All,
Epilog -> {{Red, Disk[{0.5, 0}, 0.125]}, {Blue,
Disk[{-0.5, 0}, 0.125]}}]

enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...