Skip to main content

geometry - Projection of a 3d curve to 2d


This question is related to:


How to obtain the coordinates of the intersection line of two surfaces?


Read the link first.



First, I have tried MaxCellMeasure->0.5, MaxCellMeasure->{"Length"->0.5} and MaxCellMeasure->{"Area"->0.5}, and change the number 0.5. It seems that the numbers of point doesn't change.


Secondly, it's very fast to run your code, but it takes about minutes to run my code with my f[x,y,z], g[x,y,z]. And this is my code:


Clear[f,g];
f[x_,y_,z_,t_]:=x^2+y^2+(z-1)^2-t^2/4;
g[x_,y_,z_]:=Piecewise[{{(x-1/2)^2+y^2+z^2-1/16,(x-1/2)^2+y^2-1/16<=0&&z>=0}},z];
reg=DiscretizeRegion[ImplicitRegion[{f[x,y,z,2]==0, g[x, y, z] == 0}, {x, y, z}]];
MeshCoordinates[reg]

Is it because I used Piecewise in g function that it needs more time to run the code?


Third, what I want to do next is below. In fact, I want to plot the projection of the intersection line on xy plane. And this is point projection, as shown below



enter image description here


Connect (0,0,1) and one point on the intersection line, extend it to intersect with xy plane. The yellow pint is want I am looking for. Repeat this for all points on the intersection line, then I can get a closed curve on xy plane. And I need to plot the curve in a 2-dimensional figure, instead of three-dimensional figure here.(I don't want to use Plot3D+Viewpoint to show a 2d curve in 3d coordinate, because the exported pdf file will be large.) I can calculate the yellow points' coordinate (x',y') based on (x,y,z) of red points on the intersection line. x'=x/(1-z),y'=y(1-z). But how to achieve this?


Or maybe I should use another way: use ParametricPlot


ParametricPlot[{x/(1-z),y/(1-z)},{x,y,z}] and x,y,z satisfy f[x,y,z]==g[x,y,z]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...