Skip to main content

mac os x - MathLink linking error after OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) upgrade


After macosx 10.9 mavericks upgrade i have a compilation problem, you can see below. Even the examples given in /Applications/Mathematica.app/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/MacOSX-x86-64/MathLinkExamples are not compiling anymore. It throws an error about the architecture. I also followed the solution given by MathLink compile errors, reinstalling the Xcode and command line tools. It didnt work.


I also checked the libMLi3.a for architecture and seems like it is ok


libMLi3.a: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures libMLi3.a (for architecture i386): current ar archive random library libMLi3.a (for architecture x86_64): current ar archive random library


and clang/gcc as well



Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn) Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0 Thread model: posix


gcc -v Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1 Apple LLVM version 5.0 (clang-500.2.79) (based on LLVM 3.3svn) Target: x86_64-apple-darwin13.0.0 Thread model: posix




which are the latest.


I wonder if anyone manages to compile the MathLink examples after the 10.9 upgrade?


Here is the error message:


/Applications/Mathematica.app/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/MacOSX-x86-64/MathLinkExamples]:>
g++ -I/Applications/Mathematica.app/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/MacOSX-x86-64/MathLinkExamples/../CompilerAdditions \
addtwotm.o addtwo.o -L/Applications/Mathematica.app/SystemFiles/Links/MathLink/DeveloperKit/MacOSX-x86-64/MathLinkExamples/../CompilerAdditions \
-lMLi3 -lstdc++ -framework Foundation -o addtwo
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"std::string::find_last_of(char const*, unsigned long, unsigned long) const", referenced from:

MLThreads::DestroyName(std::string&) in libMLi3.a(mlplatformthreads.cpp.o)
"std::string::find_first_of(char const*, unsigned long, unsigned long) const", referenced from:
MLThreads::NameValidQ(std::string&) in libMLi3.a(mlplatformthreads.cpp.o)
MLThreads::DestroyName(std::string&) in libMLi3.a(mlplatformthreads.cpp.o)
"std::string::find(char const*, unsigned long, unsigned long) const", referenced from:
_mlipinterfacecontainer_get_domain_names in libMLi3.a(mlipinterface.c.o)
MLNetwork::MLIPAddress::LoadDomainName(bool) in libMLi3.a(mlipaddress.cpp.o)
MLNetwork::MLIPAddress::IPV4NameQ(std::string) in libMLi3.a(mlipaddress.cpp.o)
MLNetwork::MLIPAddress::IPV6NameQ(std::string) in libMLi3.a(mlipaddress.cpp.o)
MLNetwork::MLIPAddress::AutoconfiguredQ() const in libMLi3.a(mlipaddress.cpp.o)

_pipe_make in libMLi3.a(_pipe.c.o)
MLDevices::MLTCPIPDevice::OldConnectServer() in libMLi3.a(mltcpip.cpp.o)
.
.
.
.
.
.
...
NOTE: a missing vtable usually means the first non-inline virtual member function has no definition.

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...