Skip to main content

image - How to implement a free version of WebImageSearch?


I really don't like functions that I have to pay for, if they can be implemented for free.


Is there a way to get around this pay-wall for WebImageSearch? Perhaps using some other free api or service?


enter image description here


Update:


One idea I had was to use the french search engine Qwant which has an api which is free and unlimited for now: https://api.qwant.com/api/search/images?count=10&offset=1&q=cars (but has less accuracy than Google or Bing).


enter image description here



Answer



So after being wrong about Bing being free, we'll pursue my other suggestion, which was to use the ServiceConnect framework. I demonstrate how to use it in general here.


For the purposes of this, though, here's what all you need to do. Get the paclet by running this:



(* 
If you've already installed, replace this with PacletUpdate
to get the newest version
*)
PacletInstall[
"ServiceConnection_Qwant",
"Site" ->
"https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/b3m2a1.paclets/PacletServer"
]


Service connect like so:


$so = ServiceConnect["Qwant"]

qwant


And run it like so:


$so["ImageSearch", "q" -> "car", "count" -> "3"]

result example


I also provide access to the basic web search endpoint:


$so["WebSearch", "q" -> "pizza"]


web search results




Inspecting the ServiceObject


In all my service connections I include a way to access what parameters I've fed in. The request that implements this is called "RequestParameters", named similarly to the "Requests" request that all ServiceObjects have by default. You use it like so:


$so["RequestParameters", "Request" -> "WebSearch"]

<|"Parameters" -> {"q", "count", "offset", "page"}, "Required" -> {}|>

(Note before v1.0.2 of this paclet this will return an empty list, as "WebSearch" really delegates to the standard "Search" method. Use PacletUpdate to get the newest version if you don't have it.)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...