Skip to main content

list manipulation - Get positions of all non zero matrix elements


I want to find all non zero elements of a table and I want to create a list that contains the name of the table the element was removed from, the position of the element, and the value of the element.


Then to the generated list I would like to apply a replacment rule to the row and the column.



rule = {1 -> "a", 2 -> "b", 3 -> "c"}

{ {tablename, row, col, value} }

For example I have tried


dataTable1 = {{1,0,0}, {0,1,0}, {0,0,-1}} 

Position[Abs[dataTable1], # > 0 &]

but I am unable to get get the position. I would like the final out put to be



 { {"dataTable1", 1,1,1}, {"dataTable1", 2,2,1}, {"dataTable1", 3,3,-1} }

If we apply the replacment.


  { {"dataTable1", 1,1,1}, {"dataTable1", 2,2,1}, {"dataTable1", 3,3,-1} } /. rule 

Then the output should be


 { {"dataTable1", "a","a",1}, {"dataTable1", "b","b",1}, {"dataTable1", "c","c",-1} }

Answer



info[tbl_] := With[{s = SparseArray[tbl]},
ArrayPad[Append @@@ Transpose[{s["NonzeroPositions"], s["NonzeroValues"]}],

{0, {1, 0}}, ToString@Unevaluated@tbl]]

SetAttributes[info, HoldFirst]

result=info[dataTable1]

(* {{"dataTable1", 1, 1, 1}, {"dataTable1", 2, 2, 1}, {"dataTable1", 3, 3, -1}} *)

As to the second part of your query, assume the result from the info function is in a symbol named result, then using your example rule list,


MapAt[(# /. rule) &, result, {All, 2 ;; 3}]


(*
{{"dataTable1", "a", "a", 1}, {"dataTable1", "b", "b", 1},{"dataTable1", "c", "c", -1}}
*)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...