Skip to main content

manipulate - Object isn't fully displayed in DialogInput


Update: Here's a simper example to reproduce the issue:



DialogInput[Table[InputField[], {50}], WindowSize -> All]

On my 1366×768 screen only no more than 17 InputFields are displayed.




This happens at least when a Manipulate that owns a big enough image and an adequate number of controller is inside DialogInput. Try the following example:


picture = Rasterize[Table[i + j, {i, 40}, {j, 40}] // MatrixForm];
DialogInput[{Manipulate[picture, {a}, {a}, {a}, {a}, {a}],
DefaultButton@DialogReturn[]}, WindowSize -> All]

enter image description here



As one can see, the last line of the matrix and the DefaultButton aren't displayed, and the WindowSize -> All option doesn't work. What am I doing wrong here? Or it's a bug? Let alone whether it's a bug or not, how to fix it (in a general way if possible)?


The issue seems to be related to the screen resolution. (Mine is 1366×768.) If you own a better screen, you may need to make the picture larger to reproduce it.



Answer



I might not have understood the question correctly. But it seems to me that adding


WindowElements->"VerticalScrollBar" to the code should fix the problem. a simple code


DialogInput[Table[InputField[i], {i, 2000}], WindowElements -> "VerticalScrollBar"]

works real well.


Here's my screenshot of the last several InputField:


enter image description here



Still works for the original Dialog with Manipulate.


picture = Rasterize[Table[i + j, {i, 40}, {j, 40}] // MatrixForm];
DialogInput[{Manipulate[picture, {a}, {a}, {a}, {a}, {a}],
DefaultButton@DialogReturn[]}, WindowSize -> All,
WindowElements -> "VerticalScrollBar"]

enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...

equation solving - Invert and fit implicitly defined curve

I need to fit an implicitly defined curve. I thought I could get some data out of Solve , and then using FindFit . Therefore, I would like to find the relation the parametric curve defined by $F(x,y)=0$: Solve[-(1/2) + 1/2 (0.41202 BesselK[0, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]] + (0.101483 x BesselK[1, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]])/Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]) == 0, y] But I can't get an output: Solve was unable to solve the system with inexact coefficients or the system obtained by direct rationalization of inexact numbers present in the system. Since many of the methods used by Solve require exact input, providing Solve with an exact version of the system may help. >> Edit: In particular, I would like to fit the data coming from the curve with the expression of another curve, and not with a function $f(x)$. In particular, since this clearly looks like a cardioid , I would like it to fit to something like it. What other strategies could I try?