Skip to main content

Accidentally corrupted graphics (?) data of notebook --- now it won't open


In the process of editing my scripts' variable names with a haphazard "replace in all open files" in my text editor, I accidentally replaced portions of graphics data in a notebook (and I believe this is the only issue with the notebook). Here's a sample of my notebook in my text editor:


Cell[BoxData[
Graphics3DBox[GraphicsComplex3DBox[$Failed, {{
{Opacity[0.4], EdgeForm[None],
GraphicsGroup3DBox[{Polygon3DBox[CompressedData["
1:eJxNnXeYFcXz9e/esIiiIFGUKNw7d0Ewo0y4CIKKAdDdvYqKAQOKOWfFnHPO
OWdRMSsgmHPOIKhgzgnR93z29Pf5vX/M0zU93T09Mz3d1VWnqvpP3m+rffO5
...

SIz7Av/VL5TBhqJPyesWaxZ5/ULdD6rGk39asT0GPMtTShc12+f3763GSrJP
eEPn42ueVxM9322Z2wHfOz3zHo292vZgj0rBN2yz/cX+qXbWVt46Op7\[CapitalOmega]2S8X
PkPQO5K3ZsifUHP+JrF9m+Lj9FXWmcR2+a8n3i/jAwIM6OiS8aPgNuKQzz76
4cx7TXSVD2Teu+MDFhwgfljAOT2aud6Wsf2U0A54IVLaBUP0ZtX22vhBf67Z

The \[CapitalOmega] doesn't belong. Unfortunately, "undo" is no longer available, and there's no obvious way for me to sift through and re-replace some of the symbols that I changed (for instance, they aren't all obvious like \[CapitalOmega]). Mathematica can no longer open the notebook (I wait while it grinds and heats-up, then have to force-quit).


Is there some way to delete the graphics (or even all output cells) from the text file? I was considering just trying this (deleting the cells that seem like graphics), but it seems like there might be a lot of ways this could go wrong. Help!



Answer



This should give you back most of your work:


code = Import[

"https://bitbucket.org/ricopicone/corruptmathematicanotebook/raw/master/CMN.nb",
"NB"];
CreateDocument[
code /. Cell[BoxData[(Graphics3DBox | GraphicsBox)[___]], ___] :>
Cell[TextData[
StyleBox["Here was a graphics", FontColor -> RGBColor[1, 0, 0]]],
"Text"]]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...