Skip to main content

Plotting results of NIntegrate with variable integration limit


I have tried to use NIntegrate with variable limits and compute the following


(*parameters*)
Ωm = 1.0;
ΩΛ = 0.0;
Ωk =
1 - Ωm - ΩΛ;

(*Integral with variable limits*)
A[a_?NumericQ] := (5 Ωm)/

2 ((Ωm a^-3 + ΩΛ + \
Ωk a^-2)^(1/2)) NIntegrate[
1/(x (Ωm x^-3 + ΩΛ + \
Ωk x^-2)^(1/2))^3, {x, 10^-7, a}];

(*plotting data giving values to `a`*)
Plot2 = ListLinePlot[A[a], {a, 0.1, 1}, PlotRange -> {0, 1},
AxesOrigin -> {0, 0}]

I supposed that A[a] was "free" until ListLinePlot give values to a, but no.



Another problem is that NIntegrate is not working here, the plot at the end looks like y=x.



Answer



You are almost there. You only missed to create the list that you want to plot. Here are your definitions:


  (*parameters*)
Ωm = 1.0;
ΩΛ = 0.0;
Ωk =
1 - Ωm - ΩΛ;

(*Integral with variable limits*)

A[a_?NumericQ] := (5 Ωm)/
2 ((Ωm a^-3 + ΩΛ + \
Ωk a^-2)^(1/2)) NIntegrate[
1/(x (Ωm x^-3 + ΩΛ + \
Ωk x^-2)^(1/2))^3, {x, 10^-7, a}];

Here is the list with the structure {a, int}:


  lst = Table[{a, A[a]}, {a, 0.1, 1, 0.05}]

and then one should plot the list, rather than the function:



 Plot2 = ListLinePlot[lst, PlotRange -> {0, 1}, AxesOrigin -> {0, 0}]

which returns the image below:


enter image description here


You could also do it as follows skipping the list stage:


Plot[A[a], {a, 0.1, 1}, PlotRange -> {0, 1}, AxesOrigin -> {0, 0}]

The returned image is identical to the one above.


Have fun!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...