Skip to main content

Fitting curve by using normalized function


Because of lack of data, I only have normalized data to fit. (namely the data value are divided by the max value of data and the peak value becomes unit)


The data is shown as follow:


r76 = {{542.6701856282341`, 
0.07764989004174758`}, {626.6173842143535`,
0.29349832955371236`}, {656.0895281008903`,
0.5913314613326053`}, {728.212293943863`,
1.`}, {782.1313241848961`,
0.9743890490336464`}, {851.0031790196008`,
0.913194695825656`}, {902.2419705010758`,

0.9251181107734547`}, {925.9565995696244`,
0.8783386058472558`}, {1054.3921434193162`,
0.8614126945081949`}, {1089.1125500560115`,
0.7714787065217009`}, {1177.2955761199148`,
0.6820289616346121`}, {1256.2853554074297`,
0.6688860100912675`}, {1366.9471353702515`,
0.6517552032847401`}, {1430.506693892375`,
0.6350631327313485`}, {1449.10501292244`,
0.5724617566068132`}, {1487.1390312262042`,
0.5160313138756719`}, {1693.2356816458084`,

0.4359499374813523`}, {1726.442918377672`,
0.3981071705534973`}, {1760.2208884864226`,
0.34071744173828206`}, {1829.7137765757996`,
0.23848704296299775`}, {2029.69014110562`,
0.17927557609349742`}, {2082.6290742109622`,
0.12878318301060854`}, {2165.1476130003107`,
0.10950567327768596`}, {2325.1744775818124`,
0.0895597094679642`}, {2448.8431013825957`,
0.07324681288106921`}, {2716.647998214203`,
0.05990523673095968`}};


Then, I am trying to fit the data via the function given as:


Vi[n_, i_] := 
Vi[n, i] = (-1)^(i + n/2) Sum[
k^(n/2) (2 k)! /( (n/2 - k)! k! (k - 1)! (i - k)! (2 k -
i)! ), { k, Floor[ (i + 1)/2 ], Min[ i, n/2] } ] // N;
Stehfest[F_, s_, t_, n_: 16] :=
If[n > 16, Message[Stehfest::optimalterms, n];
If[ OddQ[n], Message[Stehfest::odd, n];
"Enter an even number of terms",

If[n > 32, Message[Stehfest::terms, n];
" Try a smaller value for n. Maximum allowable n is 32 ",
Log[2]/t Sum[ Vi[n, i]*F /. s -> i Log[2]/t , {i, 1, n} ] ]],
If[ OddQ[n], Message[Stehfest::odd, n];
"Enter an even number of terms",
If[n > 32, Message[Stehfest::terms, n];
" Try a smaller value for n. Maximum allowable n is 32.",
Log[2]/t Sum[
Vi[n, i]*F /. s -> i Log[2]/t , {i, 1, n} ] ]]] // N;


C1[r_, t_, al_, td_, tc_] := Re[Stehfest[E^(r/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)) + (p*r*td)/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)))*
AiryAi[(2*2^(1/3)*((Q + 2*p*Q*td + p^2*Q*td^2)/(4*al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2) +
(r*(8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi]))/
(4*al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2)))/((8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] +
8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi])/(al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2))^(2/3)]*
(M/(E^(rl/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)) + (p*rl*td)/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)))*Q*
AiryAi[(2*2^(1/3)*((Q + 2*p*Q*td + p^2*Q*td^2)/(4*al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2) +
(rl*(8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi]))/
(4*al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2)))/((8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] +
8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi])/(al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2))^(2/3)] -

al*E^(rl/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)) + (p*rl*td)/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)))*Q*(1/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)) + (p*td)/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)))*
AiryAi[(2*2^(1/3)*((Q + 2*p*Q*td + p^2*Q*td^2)/(4*al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2) +
(rl*(8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi]))/
(4*al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2)))/((8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] +
8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi])/(al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2))^(2/3)] -
(E^(rl/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)) + (p*rl*td)/(2*al*(1 + p*tc)))*(8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] +
8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi])*AiryAiPrime[
(2*2^(1/3)*((Q + 2*p*Q*td + p^2*Q*td^2)/(4*al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2) + (rl*(8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] +
8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi]))/(4*al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2)))/
((8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi])/

(al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2))^(2/3)])/(2^(2/3)*al*(1 + p*tc)^2*
((8*al*b*p*Pi*R*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*tc*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^2*Pi*R*td*\[Phi] + 8*al*b*p^3*Pi*R*tc*td*\[Phi])/
(al^2*Q*(1 + p*tc)^2))^(2/3)))), p, t, 16]]

with


b = 1; Q = 2.5/60; \[Phi] = 0.2; rl = 0.05; M = 10; R = 1;

I got some troubles here. The function value is not normalized and the peak value would change when the parameters changes; thus, I cannot use the peak value of the function to normalize during the data fitting.


Therefore, the fitting process do not work.


nlm1 = NonlinearModelFit[r76, 

C1[7.6, t, al, td, tc], {{al, 0.1}, {td, 101}, {tc, 1}}, t];

LogLogPlot[nlm1[t], {t, r76[[1, 1]], r76[[Length[r76], 1]]}],
Frame -> True]

In short, how can I use the non-normalized function to fit the normalized data?


Does anyone know how to deal with this? Thanks.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...