Skip to main content

graphics - How to draw two error bars at one point in Mathematica?


The thick error bars indicates interval of 68% probability and the thin ones denotes 98%


I have read the error bars reference in Mathematica to find how to draw a picture like the one above(The thick error bars indicates interval of 68% probability and the thin ones denotes 98%), but I only find the method to draw like the following picture:


enter image description here


or like this:



enter image description here


And both are not that I want to draw. How can I draw a picture with a thick error bar and a thin one at one point like Fig.1?



Answer



Here is some improvement. I assume that you data is in this form;



{1, 1.72224, 2.2189, 0.941405}



First two are your data point. Third entry is %98 error and fourth entry is %68 error.


SeedRandom@2;
data = {#, # + RandomReal[1], RandomReal[{2, 4}],

RandomReal[{0.5, 2}]} & /@ Range[10];
dist = 0.05; thicness = 0.004;
ListLinePlot[data[[All, {1, 2}]], Mesh -> Full, MeshStyle -> Red,
PlotStyle -> {Red, Dashed}, Frame -> True, PlotRange -> {-1, 13},
Epilog -> {{{Red,
Line[{{#[[1]], #[[2]] - #[[3]]}, {#[[1]], #[[2]] + #[[3]]}}],
Thickness[thicness],
Line[{{#[[1]], #[[2]] - #[[4]]}, {#[[1]], #[[2]] + #[[4]]}}],
Line[{{#[[1]] - dist, #[[2]] - #[[4]]}, {#[[1]] +
dist, #[[2]] - #[[4]]}}],

Line[{{#[[1]] - dist, #[[2]] + #[[4]]}, {#[[1]] +
dist, #[[2]] + #[[4]]}}]} & /@ data}}]

enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...

equation solving - Invert and fit implicitly defined curve

I need to fit an implicitly defined curve. I thought I could get some data out of Solve , and then using FindFit . Therefore, I would like to find the relation the parametric curve defined by $F(x,y)=0$: Solve[-(1/2) + 1/2 (0.41202 BesselK[0, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]] + (0.101483 x BesselK[1, 0.1 Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]])/Sqrt[x^2 + y^2]) == 0, y] But I can't get an output: Solve was unable to solve the system with inexact coefficients or the system obtained by direct rationalization of inexact numbers present in the system. Since many of the methods used by Solve require exact input, providing Solve with an exact version of the system may help. >> Edit: In particular, I would like to fit the data coming from the curve with the expression of another curve, and not with a function $f(x)$. In particular, since this clearly looks like a cardioid , I would like it to fit to something like it. What other strategies could I try?