Skip to main content

conditional - Can I add different texts to these two pictures using the `If` function?



I use the code from an answer to get two pictures:


F[z_] := z^2;
t1 = 0; t2 = Pi/3; dt = (t2 - t1)/10;
r1 = 1; r2 = 3; dr = (r2 - r1)/10;

GraphicsRow[
With[{z = r Exp[I t], col = Black},
Show[
ParametricPlot[
ReIm@#[z], {r, r1, r2}, {t, t1, t2},

Mesh -> 9,
MeshShading -> ArrayPad[
{{None, col}, {col, col}, {None, col}}, {{5, 2}, {4, 4}}, None
],
Frame -> False,
AxesOrigin -> {0, 0},
PlotRange -> {{-6, 10}, {-1.1, 10}},
ImageSize -> Medium,
AxesStyle -> Opacity[0.1]],
Graphics[{

{Blue, Circle[], Text[0, {-0.2, -0.3}]},
{Blue, Arrow[{{0, 0}, {10, 0}}]},
{Blue, Arrow[{{0, 0}, 10 ReIm@#[ Exp[I Pi/3]]}]}
}]
]
] & /@ {Identity, F}]

enter image description here


Can I add different texts to these two pictures using the If function?


[Added: To clarify my question, I'd like to add the angle symbol \[Theta] to the first figure and 2\[Theta] to the second one. Once I can do this, I'm expecting that I will be able to add other different stuffs to these two figures.]





I'm expecting something like If[#==Identity, Text[\[Theta], {-0.2, -0.3},[]], but I don't know the correct syntax: #==Indentity does not work.



Answer



Thanks to LouisB's comment, I can do it with replacing the Graphics[] in the code as


Graphics[{
{Blue, Circle[], {FontSize -> 12,
Text[If[TrueQ[# == Identity], "\[Theta]",
"2\[Theta]"], {.44, .25}]}},
{Blue, {FontSize -> 16,
Text[If[TrueQ[# == Identity], "\[Infinity]", ""], {10.5, 0}]}},

{Blue, {FontSize -> 16,
Text[If[TrueQ[# == Identity], "\[Infinity]", ""],
10.5 ReIm@#[ Exp[I Pi/3]]]}},
{Blue, Arrow[{{0, 0}, {10, 0}}]},
{Blue, Arrow[{{0, 0}, 10 ReIm@#[ Exp[I Pi/3]]}]}
}]

enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...