Skip to main content

output formatting - Constructing a list that includes a leading zero (01,02,03 ... 55, 56, etc.)



I am constructing a list for use in file operations. Say I want to create list which contains values from 01 to 87. The kicker is that the first nine integers need to keep a value of 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11.. etc.


So if I create list=Range[87] I generate a list of integers. Whenever I'm trying to then replace values with '01', etc. they become strings. If they are integers, they revert back to the single value. Ideally, I need a list that I can feed through Do[].


Is there a quick way to create a list that uses the two digit form the whole time?


FWIW, the specific application of this that I have a list of files i.e. {1997-01-page100.jpeg, 1997-01-page101,jpeg, <<33 379>>, 1997-87-page9.jpeg, 1997-87-page10,jpeg}. I'm using the following command to generate specific lists of the sub-file using importlist=FileNames["1997-"<>ToString[x]<>"-*.jpeg"] but am being thrown off by the zero in front of the single-digit file number.



Answer



I always use IntegerString for this (I also number my files in a similar way):


In[1]:= IntegerString[#, 10, 2] & /@ Range[87]

Out[1]= {"01", "02", "03", "04", "05", "06", "07", "08", "09", "10", \
"11", "12", "13", "14", "15", "16", "17", "18", "19", "20", "21", \

"22", "23", "24", "25", "26", "27", "28", "29", "30", "31", "32", \
"33", "34", "35", "36", "37", "38", "39", "40", "41", "42", "43", \
"44", "45", "46", "47", "48", "49", "50", "51", "52", "53", "54", \
"55", "56", "57", "58", "59", "60", "61", "62", "63", "64", "65", \
"66", "67", "68", "69", "70", "71", "72", "73", "74", "75", "76", \
"77", "78", "79", "80", "81", "82", "83", "84", "85", "86", "87"}

I think this is the most convenient solution, as it's built-in and doesn't require any additional effort to get it working.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...