Skip to main content

How to delete the parameter of a Neural Network?


Mathematica Neural Networks based on MXNet. And there is lots of model in MXNet(MXNet Model Zoo).


For example,I follow a tutorial An introduction to the MXNet API — part 4, It uses Inception v3(net using MXNet).


I can use this code to load this pretrained model


<< NeuralNetworks`;
net = ImportMXNetModel["F:\\model\\Inception-BN-symbol.json",
"F:\\model\\Inception-BN-0126.params"];

labels = Import["http://data.dmlc.ml/models/imagenet/synset.txt", "List"];
incepNet = NetChain[{ElementwiseLayer[#*255 &], net},
"Input" -> NetEncoder[{"Image", {224, 224}, ColorSpace -> "RGB"}],
"Output" -> NetDecoder[{"Class", labels}]]

enter image description here


 TakeLargestBy[incepNet[Import["https://i.stack.imgur.com/893F0.jpg"],
"Probabilities"], Identity, 5]//Dataset

enter image description here



Dynamic@Column[{#, incepNet[#]} &@CurrentImage[]]

enter image description here


FileByteCount[Export["Inception v3.wlnet", incepNet]]/2^20.
(*44.0188 MB*)

I want to share this model to others, but it's too big (about 44 MB) because there are lots of parameters in this pretrained model.


If I only want to share this model structure to others,I think deNetInitialize is necessary.


enter image description here


You can see UninitializedEvaluationNet only need very little memory.



In order to share nets like UninitializedEvaluationNet, can we define a deNetInitialize function?



Answer



The weights in the neural network are stored in the form of RawArray. This can be seen by comparing their full form


NetInitialize@ConvolutionLayer[1, {2}, "Input" -> {1, 3}] // InputForm
(* ConvolutionLayer[<|"Type" -> "Convolution",
"Arrays" -> <|"Weights" -> RawArray["Real32", {{{0.4258739650249481, -0.9216004014015198}}}],
"Biases" -> RawArray["Real32", {0.}]|>, "Parameters" -> <|"OutputChannels" -> 1, "KernelSize" -> {2}, "Stride" -> {1},
"PaddingSize" -> {0}, "Dilation" -> {1}, "Dimensionality" -> 1, "InputChannels" -> 1, "$GroupNumber" -> 1, "$InputSize" -> {3},
"$OutputSize" -> {2}|>, "Inputs" -> <|"Input" -> TensorT[{1, 3}, RealT]|>, "Outputs" -> <|"Output" -> TensorT[{1, 2}, RealT]|>|>,
<|"Version" -> "11.1.1"|>] *)


ConvolutionLayer[1, {2}, "Input" -> {1, 3}] // InputForm
(* ConvolutionLayer[<|"Type" -> "Convolution", "Arrays" -> <|"Weights" -> TensorT[{1, 1, 2}, RealT],
"Biases" -> Nullable[TensorT[{1}, RealT]]|>, "Parameters" -> <|"OutputChannels" -> 1, "KernelSize" -> {2}, "Stride" -> {1},
"PaddingSize" -> {0}, "Dilation" -> {1}, "Dimensionality" -> 1, "InputChannels" -> 1, "$GroupNumber" -> 1, "$InputSize" -> {3},
"$OutputSize" -> {2}|>, "Inputs" -> <|"Input" -> TensorT[{1, 3}, RealT]|>, "Outputs" -> <|"Output" -> TensorT[{1, 2}, RealT]|>|>,
<|"Version" -> "11.1.1"|>] *)

To remove the weights, we only need to replace the RawArray with the corresponding place holders. Here is a solution using string manipulation


netUnInitialize[net_] := 

Activate@Replace[
ToExpression[
StringReplace[
ToString[InputForm[net]], {"NetChain" -> "Inactive[NetChain]",
"NetGraph" -> "Inactive[NetGraph]",
"RawArray" -> "Inactive[RawArray]"}]],
Inactive[RawArray][x_, y_] :>
NeuralNetworks`TensorT[Dimensions[y],
NeuralNetworks`RealT], ∞]


FileByteCount[Export["~/Downloads/incept.wlnet",netUnInitialize[incepNet]]]
(* 40877 *)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...