Skip to main content

machine learning - Using PredictorMeasurements with a neural net?


PredictorMeasurements doesn't work with NetGraph, here's an example:


makeRule[a_, b_] := 
IntegerString[a] <> "+" <> IntegerString[b] -> a + b;
data = Table[makeRule[i, j], {i, 0, 99}, {j, 0, 99}];

enc = NetEncoder[{"Characters", {DigitCharacter, "+"}}];
net = NetInitialize@
NetChain[{UnitVectorLayer[], LongShortTermMemoryLayer[40],
LongShortTermMemoryLayer[20], SequenceLastLayer[],
LinearLayer[]}, "Input" -> enc, "Output" -> "Real"];
PredictorMeasurements[net, data, "Accuracy"]

enter image description here


Is there any way to make this work? Perhaps converting the net into a predictor?



Answer




Let's look under the hood of Predict.


p = Predict[{{1, 2} -> 3, {2, 3} -> 4}, 
Method -> {"NeuralNetwork", "NetworkType" -> "Recurrent"}];

Options[p][[1]]["Model"]["Network"]

The network has 2 outputs: mean and log-variance.


enter image description here


Options[p][[1]]["Model"]["Options"]["Network"]["Value"]


enter image description here


Loss function is very interesting:


Options[p][[1]]["Model"]["Options"]["LossFunction"]["Value"]

enter image description here


And now let's replace trained network in Predict with our custom net.


net = NetGraph[
{
LongShortTermMemoryLayer[40],
NetMapOperator[LinearLayer[10]],

LongShortTermMemoryLayer[20],
SequenceLastLayer[],
LinearLayer[100],
Ramp,
LinearLayer[2],
PartLayer[1 ;; 1],
PartLayer[2 ;; 2]
},
{1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> 6 -> 7 -> {8, 9},
8 -> NetPort["logvariance"], 9 -> NetPort["mean"]},

"Input" -> {"Varying", 1}, "logvariance" -> 1, "mean" -> 1
] // NetInitialize

enter image description here


GeneralUtilities`PrintDefinitions@PredictorFunction

We can see that PredictorFunction expects Association as the input.


assoc = Options[p][[1]];
assoc["Model"]["Network"] = net;
p1 = PredictorFunction[assoc]


enter image description here


We can make predictions:


p1[{{1, 2}, {2, 3}}]


{3.49756, 3.50435}



And we can do PredictorMeasurements:


pm1 = PredictorMeasurements[p1, {{1, 2} -> 3, {2, 3} -> 4}]


enter image description here


pm1["MeanSquare"]


0.246618



Addendum


makeRule[a_, b_] := IntegerString[a] <> "+" <> IntegerString[b] -> a + b;
data = Table[makeRule[i, j], {i, 0, 99}, {j, 0, 99}] // Flatten;


enc = NetEncoder[{"Characters", {DigitCharacter, "+"}}];

fe = FeatureExtraction[data[[;; , 1]], enc];

p = Predict[
data[[-2 ;;, 1]] -> data[[-2 ;;, 2]],
Method -> {"NeuralNetwork", "NetworkType" -> "Recurrent"},
FeatureExtractor -> fe
];


net = NetGraph[
{
(* UnitVectorLayer does not supported because of Standardize as the data processor *)
LongShortTermMemoryLayer[40],
LongShortTermMemoryLayer[20],
SequenceLastLayer[],
LinearLayer[2],
PartLayer[1 ;; 1],
PartLayer[2 ;; 2]

},
{1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> {5, 6}, 5 -> NetPort["logvariance"], 6 -> NetPort["mean"]},
"Input" -> {"Varying", 1}, "logvariance" -> 1, "mean" -> 1
];

loss = Options[p][[1]]["Model"]["Options"]["LossFunction"]["Value"];

net = NetGraph[
{
net,

loss
},
{
NetPort["Input"] -> 1,
NetPort[1, "logvariance"] -> NetPort[2, "Input1"],
NetPort[1, "mean"] -> NetPort[2, "Input2"],
NetPort["Target"] -> NetPort[2, "Target"]
}
];


netT = NetTrain[
net,
<|
"Input" -> (Partition[#, 1] & /@ Standardize /@ enc@data[[;; , 1]]),
"Target" -> Partition[data[[;; , 2]], 1],
"Output" -> data[[;; , 2]]
|>,
MaxTrainingRounds -> 1
];


netT = NetExtract[netT, 1];

assoc = Options[p][[1]];
assoc["Model"]["Network"] = netT;
p1 = PredictorFunction[assoc];

pm1 = PredictorMeasurements[p1, data]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...