Skip to main content

graphs and networks - Styling a FlowGraph


I tried to re-style a flow graph found via FindMaximumFlow, but this seems not to work:


vertices = {"s", 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, "t"};
flows = {40, 30, 10, 22, 30, 54, 50, 37, 17, 32};
edges = {"s" <-> 1, 1 <-> 2, 2 <-> 3, 3 <-> "t", "s" <-> 4,
4 <-> 5, 5 <-> 3, 2 <-> 6, 6 <-> 4, 6 <-> "t"};

then


flowGraph = Graph[vertices,

edges,
EdgeCapacity -> flows,
EdgeWeight -> flows,
VertexLabels -> Placed["Name", Center],
VertexSize -> Medium,
GraphLayout -> "LayeredEmbedding",
EdgeLabels -> Placed["EdgeWeight", Center],
EdgeLabelStyle -> Directive[Blue, Medium]];

Now determining the optimum:



ℱ = FindMaximumFlow[flowGraph, "s", "t", "OptimumFlowData"];

with


g = ℱ["FlowGraph"]

So far everything is fine. But styling with something like


ℱ["FlowGraph", GraphStyle -> "SmallNetwork"]

does not work. When doing a right-click in the output (of F["FlowGraph"]) the styling options are offered and this works fine, but not when applying directly. At the moment my workaround is extracting the adjacency matrix and process this matrix. But I would prefer to choose directly a style. Has anyone a hint how this could be done?



Answer




g = ℱ["FlowGraph"];
SetProperty[RemoveProperty[g, DeleteCases[PropertyList[g], GraphLayout]],
GraphStyle -> "SmallNetwork"]

Mathematica graphics


What is happening: GraphStyle >> Details says:



Direct settings of any of Graph options override base settings provided by GraphStyle.



And, as can be seen using



PropertyList[ℱ["FlowGraph"]]


{EdgeShapeFunction, EdgeStyle, EdgeWeight, GraphHighlight, GraphHighlightStyle, GraphLayout, GraphStyle, VertexCoordinates, VertexShape, VertexShapeFunction, VertexSize, VertexStyle, VertexWeight}



many of styling options are set in ℱ["FlowGraph"], and they need to be removed for GraphStyle to work.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...