Skip to main content

plotting - can the color in MeshStyle be specified by a ColorFunction, such as "SunsetColors" for example. If so, what is the correct syntax?



This is an example given in Help:


Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, 0, 3}, {y, 0, 3}, MeshStyle -> Gray]

Could this be changed to something like


Plot3D[Sin[x y], {x, 0, 3}, {y, 0, 3}, MeshStyle -> "SunsetColors"]

The above line does not work, but is there a way to modify syntax so that "SunsetColors" can be used?



Answer



Here is the method you posted as an answer yourself, condensed by exploiting repetitious code.


Module[{a, d, t, p, kx, ky, func, cf, plot1, plot2},

a = 1.42; d = a Sqrt[3]; t = 2.8; p = 25;

func := t Sqrt[3 + 2 Cos[a kx] + 4 Cos[a/2 kx] Cos[d/2 ky]];

cf[1] = ColorData["SunsetColors", #3] &;
cf[-1] = ColorData["SunsetColors", 1 - #3] &;

plot1 = Plot3D[#3 func, {#, -2 Pi / a, 2 Pi / a}, {#2, -2 Pi / a, 2 Pi / a},
ColorFunction -> cf[#3], BoundaryStyle -> None, Mesh -> None, PlotPoints -> p] &;


plot2 = ParametricPlot3D[
Table[{kx, ky, #3 func}, {#2, -2 Pi / a, 2 Pi / a, 1/2}],
{#, -2 Pi / a, 2 Pi / a}, ColorFunction -> cf[#3],
PlotStyle -> Directive[Thickness[0.002]], PlotPoints -> p] &;

Show[
plot1[kx, ky, #] & /@ {1, -1},
plot2[kx, ky, #] & /@ {1, -1},
plot2[ky, kx, #] & /@ {1, -1},


PlotRange -> All,
BoxRatios -> {1, 0.75, 0.75},
AxesLabel ->
Map[Style[#, Large, Bold] &, {Subscript[k, x], Subscript[k, y], Ε[OverVector[k]]}],
ImageSize -> {800, 800},
ViewPoint -> {-3, -2, 0}
]
]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...