Skip to main content

plotting - StreamPlot segmented lines


I am plotting this vector field:



Q[k_, N_] := Show[ContourPlot[3 - 3 BesselJ[0, r[x, y] a^-1], {x, -N, N}, {y, -N, N}, 
ContourStyle -> Opacity[0.3]],

StreamPlot[{Sin[θ[x, y]], -Cos[θ[x, y]]}, {x, -N, N}, {y, -N, N},
PlotRange -> {Full, Full}, RegionFunction ->
Function[{x, y}, a^2 - a^2/100 < x^2 + y^2 <= a^2 + a^2/100],
StreamStyle -> Red, StreamPoints -> {pts, Automatic, Scaled[2]},
StreamScale -> None],

StreamPlot[{Abs[(1 - a/r[x, y])^(1/2)] +

a^(1/2)/r[x, y]^(1/2) Cos[θ[x, y] k],
a^(1/2)/r[x, y]^(1/2) Sin[θ[x, y] k]}, {x, -N, N}, {y, -N,
N}, PlotRange -> {Full, Full},
RegionFunction -> Function[{x, y}, x^2 + y^2 > a^2],
StreamStyle -> {Blue, Thick, "Line"}, PerformanceGoal -> "Quality",
StreamScale -> Full],

ImageSize -> Large]

with



r[x_, y_] := Sqrt[x^2 + y^2];
θ[x_, y_] := ArcTan[x, y];

a = 3;
pts = Flatten[
Table[{x, y}, {x, -a - a/10, a + a/10, 0.1}, {y, a - a/10, a + a/10, 0.1}], 1];

But I can't find a set of StreamPoints to avoid the segmentation of the lines near the x-axes.


Q[1/2,10]


enter image description here


Any ideas? Thanks!



Answer



r[x_, y_] := Sqrt[x^2 + y^2];
θ[x_, y_] := ArcTan[x, y];

a = 3;
pts = Flatten[Table[{x, y}, {x, -a - a/10, a + a/10, 0.1}, {y, a - a/10, a + a/10, 0.1}], 1];

Q[k_, n_] := Module[{pts1}, pts1 = Table[{0, x}, {x, -2 n, 2 n, 1/2}];

Show[ContourPlot[ 3 - 3 BesselJ[0, r[x, y] a^-1], {x, -n, n}, {y, -n, n},
ContourStyle -> Opacity[0.3]],
StreamPlot[{Sin[θ[x, y]], -Cos[θ[x, y]]}, {x, -n, n}, {y, -n, n}, PlotRange -> {Full, Full},
RegionFunction -> Function[{x, y}, a^2 - a^2/100 < x^2 + y^2 <= a^2 + a^2/100],
StreamStyle -> Red, StreamPoints -> {pts, Automatic, Scaled[2]},
StreamScale -> None],
StreamPlot[{Abs[(1 - a/r[x, y])^(1/2)] + a^(1/2)/r[x, y]^(1/2) Cos[θ[x, y] k],
a^(1/2)/r[x, y]^(1/2) Sin[θ[x, y] k]}, {x, -2 n, 2 n}, {y, -2 n, 2 n},
RegionFunction -> Function[{x, y}, x^2 + y^2 > a^2 && Abs@x < n && Abs@y < n],
StreamPoints -> {pts1, Automatic, Scaled[2]}, StreamStyle -> {Blue, Thick, "Line"},

PerformanceGoal -> "Quality", StreamScale -> Full],
ImageSize -> Large]]

Q[1/2, 10]

Mathematica graphics


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...