Skip to main content

simplifying expressions - Eliminate a variable from a differential equation and an algebra equation then collect the remaining variables


Recently, I am attempting to eliminate a variable from a differential equation (DE) and an algebra equation (AE), then collect the remaining variables as a new (grand) parameter. Actually, I have worked on this problem more than one week. Due to my incompetence, today I seek someone's help on this forum. To show this idea, this is a working example:


Implement the following code step by step:


eq1 = h'[t] == Log[(1 - xi)/(1 - x0)];
eq2 = h[t] == (xw - xi)/(-(1 - xw)*Log[(1 - xi)/(1 - x0)]);
Eliminate[{eq1, eq2}, xi] // FullSimplify

Then I get a DE



E^Derivative[1][h][ t] + ((-1 + xw) (-1 + h[t] Derivative[1][h][t]))/(-1 + x0) == 0




Next, I want to replace the remaining variables $\frac{1-x0}{1-xw}$ by a new parameter $c$, in other word, the desired DE is $e^{h'[t]}-\frac{1}{c}(1-h[t]h'[t])=0$, which is a preferred form for parameter study. So I tried


%/. (1 - x0)/(1 - xw) -> c

unfortunately, this replacement does not work, which follows my first question: how to replace a combination of variable by a parameter. This question appears to be silly, someone may say that why not replace it manually? The reason is in some more complicated equation a number of parameters are often distributed, so it is not easy to combine them manually. You have gotten my point:)


This is my full problem:


First, parameter $\Xi$ consists of known parameters


Ξ = (EE*((1 + B KK) Sqrt[M] Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xw)] - 
B Δ Subscript[Θ, ∞])^2)/(\
Δ^2*(Γ*(1 - xw)*(Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xw)] -

Δ/Sqrt[M]*B*Subscript[Θ, ∞]) -
KK*B*Subscript[Θ, ∞]));

Second, function $g_1$ and $g_2$ contain unknown variable $xi$


g1 = ((Δ*Γ*(xi - xw) + KK*Sqrt[M]*
Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xi)])*(Subscript[Θ, ∞] -
\Γ*(xi - xw)))/((Subscript[Θ, ∞] -
\Γ*(xi - xw))*Δ*B -
Sqrt[M]*(1 + KK*B)*Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xi)]);


g2 = ((Δ*Γ*(xi - xw) +
KK*Sqrt[M]*Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xi)])*(1 + KK*B))/(Δ*
B*(Subscript[Θ, ∞] -
Γ*(xi - xw)) - (1 + KK*B)*Sqrt[M]*Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xi)]);

Third, DE and AE for $H[T]$:


eq1 = H'[T] == 1/Ξ*(EE*(Γ*(xi-xw)-B*g1))/(KK + g2);

eq2 = H[T] == (Δ*Γ*(xi - xw) +
KK*Sqrt[M]*Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xi)])/(Δ*

B*(Subscript[Θ, ∞] -
Γ*(xi-xw)) -Sqrt[M]*(1 + KK*B)*Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xi)]);

Fourth, eliminate $xi$:


Eliminate[{eq1, eq2}, xi]

Note from which my second question arises: how to speed up the long-time running of Mathematica?


Finally, the last question is how to combine those parameter(known) in the above resulting differential equation into the following two new (grand) parameters:


Σ = ((Δ*Γ*Sqrt[M]*(1 - xw) -
KK*M*(1 + B KK) )*Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xw)]^2)/((1 + B KK) Sqrt[M]*

Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xw)] -
B Δ Subscript[Θ, ∞])^2;

and


Π = (Δ^2*B*
Subscript[Θ, ∞]*Γ*(1 - xw)*
Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xw)])/((1 + B KK) Sqrt[M] Log[(1 - x0)/(1 - xw)] -
B Δ Subscript[Θ, ∞])^2;

Some Hints: the final DE might contain the following terms $H[T]$, $H'[T]$, $\Sigma$, $\Pi$, and the exponential function.



I am so sorry for the complicated expressions. And many thanks for your time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...