Skip to main content

plotting - How to assign special colors to the output of DensityPlot?


I have created the following function for plotting


plotDynamical[iterMethod_, points_] := 
DensityPlot[
iterAlgorithm[iterMethod], {t, xxMin, xxMax}, {s, yyMin,yyMax},
PlotRange -> {1,4}, ColorFunction -> {Orange, Blue, Black, Green},
PlotPoints -> points]


The possible results of " iterAlgorithm[iterMethod] " are 1 , 2, 3 or 4. I would like to assigning colours to numbers like so: Orange to 1,Blue to 2,Black to 3 and Green to 4. How can I do this?


complete my Algorithm is:


F = Compile[{{t, _Real}, {s, _Real}}, {t^2 + s^2 - 4, -Exp[t] + s - 
1}];
dF = Compile[{{t, _Real}, {s, _Real}}, {{2 t, 2 s}, {-E^t, 1}}];
invdF = Compile[{{t, _Real}, {s, _Real}}, {{1/(
2 E^t s + 2 t), -((2 s)/(2 E^t s + 2 t))}, {E^t/(
2 E^t s + 2 t), (2 t)/(2 E^t s + 2 t)}}];


rootF[1] = {-1.59832066552612835, 1.202235854627582} ;
rootF[2] = {0, 2} ;


rootPosition =
Compile[{{t, _Real}, {s, _Real}},
Which[Norm[{t, s} - rootF[1]] < 10.0^(-10), 3,
Norm[{t, s} - rootF[2]] < 10.0^(-10), 2, True,
1], {{rootF[_, _], _Real, _Real}}];


iterPsM10 = Compile[{{t, _Real}, {s, _Real}},
Block[{v = F[t, s], w = dF[t, s], u = invdF[t, s], x, y, z, dFz, Q,
uu, vv, Fu, vu, invdFvu},
x = {t, s};
y = x - (1/2 ) u.v;
z = 1/3 (4 y - x);
dFz = dF @@ ({z[[1]], z[[2]]});
Q = Inverse[w - 3 dFz];
uu = y + Q.v;
Fu = F @@ ({uu[[1]], uu[[2]]});

vv = uu + 2 Q.Fu;
vu = 1/2 (vv + uu);
invdFvu = invdF @@ ({vu[[1]], vu[[2]]});
uu - invdFvu.Fu]];

iterAlgorithm[iterMethod_, lim_] :=
Block[{ct, r}, ct = 0; r = rootPosition[t, s];
While[(r == 1) && (ct < lim), ++ct; {t, s} = iterMethod[t, s];
r = rootPosition[t, s]];
If[Head[r] == Which, r = 0];(*"Which" unevaluated*)Return[r]];


limIterations = 1000;
xxMin = -5; xxMax = 5; yyMin = -5; yyMax = 5;

plotDynamical[iterMethod_, points_] :=
DensityPlot[iterAlgorithm[iterMethod, limIterations],
{t, xxMin, xxMax}, {s, yyMin, yyMax}, PlotRange -> {0, 3},
ColorFunction -> {Green, Black, Orange, Blue},
PlotPoints -> points,
Epilog -> {White, PointSize[.02], Point[rootF[1]], Point[rootF[2]]}];



plotDynamical[iterPsM10, 56]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...