Skip to main content

List-operations only when restrictions are fulfilled (Part 2)


Consider the following:


data={{{3544128000, 80}, {3544732800, 80}, {3545337600, 80},
{3545942400, 80}, {3545942400, 160}, {3546547200, 160}, {3547152000, 0}}};


After the satisfying answers to my former question (Part 1), another issue occurred, but with the same background (List-operations only when restrictions are fulfilled):


After applying


Transpose[{#[[All, 1, 1]], 
Total[#[[All, All, 2]], {2}]}] &[#] & /@ (GatherBy[#, First] & /@
data)

on data (thanks to Andy Ross for the approach), I receive


{{{3544128000, 80}, {3544732800, 80}, {3545337600, 80}, {3545942400, 240},
{3546547200, 160}, {3547152000, 0}}}


which resembles to


{{x_-n*604800_, y_},...,{x_-604800_, y_}, {x_, u_},
{x+604800_, z_},{x_+2*604800_, z_},...,{x_+m*604800_, z_}}

I would like to do the following:



  1. u_->y_ (Transform u_ to y_)

  2. residual=(y_-u_)/(n+1) (Calculate residual of y_ and u_ and divide it be n+1)

  3. {{x-n*604800_, y_+residual},...,{x-604800_, y_+residual}, {x_, y_+residual},{x+604800_, z_},{x_+2*604800_, z_},...,{x_+m*604800_, z_}} (Distribute residual to all periods from x_-n*604800 to x_)



The result in case of data will then be:


{{{3544128000, 120}, {3544732800, 120}, {3545337600, 120}, {3545942400, 120},
{3546547200, 160}, {3547152000, 0}}}

For better understanding, please consider the following examples:


Example1 = {5, 5, 5, 2, 2, 2, 6, 4, 4, 4};
MyFunction@Example1
{5, 5, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4}


Example2 = {2, 2, 2, 6, 4, 4, 4};
MyFunction@Example2
{3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4}

Example3 = {2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4};
MyFunction@Example3
{2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4}

MyFunction detects a peak within the dataset and "kills" it by replacing the peak and the preceding sequence (with constant values) with y+residual (see 2., Example1 and Example2). It is important that MyFunction returns the original list when no peak occurs in the list (see Example 3.).




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...