Skip to main content

plotting - Show shows two objects separated by a comma instead one on top of another


As in the title. I want them to be on the same graph. Additionaly i want to the graph to always be focused on the rectangle.


f[x_, x0_, a_, n0_, C_] := -1/a + C/(a*n0)*Cosh[a*n0/C*(x - x0)]

Show[
Graphics[{Thick, Opacity[0.5], LightBlue, Rectangle[{0, -1}, {3, 1}]}]

Manipulate[
Plot[f[x, x0, a, n0, c],
{x, 0, 3}],
{x0, 0, 10},
{a, -1, 1},
{n0, 1, 2},
{c, 0.1, 10}]]

Second question, I don't know if i should make another thread about it. How to add two points where the rectangle and function collide?



Answer




You can also use the rectangle as a Prolog or Epilog in Plot so that you don't have to use Show.


The intersection of the rectangle with the plotted line can be highlighted using Mesh* options:


Manipulate[Plot[f[x, x0, a, n0, c], {x, 0, 3}, 
PlotRange -> {{-1, 4}, {-2, 4}}Frame -> True, Axes -> False,
MeshStyle -> Directive[Green, PointSize[Large]],
MeshFunctions -> {#2 &}, Mesh -> {{1, -1}},
MeshShading -> {Blue, Red}, BaseStyle -> Thick,
Prolog -> {EdgeForm[{LightBlue, Thick}], Opacity[0.5], LightBlue,
Rectangle[{0, -1}, {3, 1}]}],
{{x0, 1.5}, 0, 10}, {{a, -.3}, -1, 1}, {{n0, 1.1}, 1, 2}, {{c, 0.1}, 0.1, 10}]


enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...