Skip to main content

graphics - Barycentric coordinates


I am 100% new to mathematica and I don't really understand if I am doing this correctly. I have some most code except the calculation of the color. I will do that once I know I am doing this correctly. I am trying to make sure it is correct and if am not I need some direction as to what I am doing wrong. I added comments if that helps. Anything helps!


(* Triangle vertices *)

v1 = {-2.0, -2.0};
v2 = {2.0, -2.0};
v3 = {0.0, 2.0};

(* xy-space to plot *)


c1 = {1, 0, 0};
c2 = {0, 1, 0};
c3 = {0, 0, 1};

I am trying to Compute the barycentric coordiantes of a 2D point xy based on triangle vertices v1, v2, v3 and that is what I need help on because I'm not sure that I got it right.


(* Input: xy = {x, y} and global v1, v2, v2 each as {x,y} *)
(* Output: uvw = {u, v, w}, the barycentric coordinates *)



(* The entries in the linear system set-up below need set. I Determine what
values in function *)

computeBaryCoords[xy_] := (
mat = {{v1[[1]], v2[[1]], v3[[1]]}, {v1[[2]], v2[[2]], v3[[2]]}, {v1, v2, v3}};
rhs = {xy[[1]], xy[[2]], mat};
uvw = LinearSolve[mat, rhs];
Return[uvw]
);


computeColor[uvw_] := Return[ (* going to calculate colors *)];

range = 4;
plotTriangle =
Graphics[
{EdgeForm[Thick], White, Polygon[{v1, v2, v3}],
PointSize[0.05],
RGBColor[c1], Point[v1],
RGBColor[c2], Point[v2],
RGBColor[c3], Point[v3]},

Axes -> True,
PlotRange -> {{-range, range}, {-range, range}}];

Manipulate[(
uvw = computeBaryCoords[xy];
rgb = computeColor[uvw];
plotPoint =
Graphics[
{RGBColor[rgb[[1]], rgb[[2]], rgb[[3]]], PointSize[0.08], Point[xy]}];
plotBaryCoords =

Graphics[
{Black
Text[Style["Barycentric Coordinates: ", FontSize -> 15], {0, 4}, Scaled[{1, 1}]],
Text[Style[NumberForm[uvw, 2], FontSize -> 15], {4, 4}, Scaled[{1, 1}]]}];
Show[{plotTriangle, plotPoint, plotBaryCoords}]),
{{xy, {0, 0}}, Locator}]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...