Skip to main content

plotting - Manipulate a Differential Equation result



I want to Manipulate the result of Differential Equation like :


F[x_] = y[x] /. First@DSolve[x - y'[x] + y''[x] == 0, y[x], x]
Manipulate[Plot[F[x], {x, -10, 10}], {C[1], 1, 6}, {C[2], -2, 5}]

the result of the equation is :


x + x^2/2 + E^x C[1] + C[2]

but I don't get any Curve on the display.


enter image description here



Answer




There are many fixes to this issue. I would recommend formulating problem from the start in terms of your constants. So you know exactly what constants mean.


F[x_, a_, b_] = y[x] 
/. First@ DSolve[{x - y'[x] + y''[x] == 0, y[0] == a, y'[0] == b}, y[x], x];

Manipulate[Plot[F[x, a, b], {x, -10, 10}, PlotLabel -> F[x, a, b]],
{{a, -4, "initial function"}, -10, 10, Appearance -> "Labeled"},
{{b, .96, "initial 1st derivative"}, .5, 1.5, Appearance -> "Labeled"}]

enter image description here


For your more complicated case mentioned in the comments do this:



G[x_, a_, b_, c_] = {y[x], z[x]} /. First@DSolve[{y'[x] - 8*z'[x] == x^2, 
z''[x] == x - y[x], y[0] == a, y'[0] == b, z[0] == c}, {y[x], z[x]}, x] // FullSimplify;

G[x, a, b, c] // Column // TraditionalForm

enter image description here


Manipulate[Plot[Evaluate@G[x, a, b, c], {x, -5, 5}, Filling -> 0, 
PlotLabel -> Column[G[x, a, b, c]]],
{{a, 8, "initial y"}, -10, 10,Appearance -> "Labeled"},
{{b, 0, "initial y'"}, -10, 10, Appearance -> "Labeled"},

{{c, 0, "initial z"}, -10, 10, Appearance -> "Labeled"}]

enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...