Skip to main content

table - Nice presentation of correlation matrix


IO have those data as a text file


tmp = {

{"Canada", 57.9, 14.5, 25.7, 2., 0.966},
{"USA", 6.3, 19.1, 71.7, 2.4, 0.956},
{"Mexique", 10.6, 3.8, 81.7, 4., 0.854},
{"Bresil", 83.9, 2.8, 9.3, 4., 0.813},
{"Allemagne", 4.3, 21.9, 62.3, 10.8, 0.947},
{"Belgique", 1.9, 54.4, 40.2, 2.7, 0.953},
{"Espagne", 9.9, 17.8, 61.7, 10., 0.955},
{"Finlande", 17.4, 28.8, 40.6, 12.9, 0.959},
{"France", 11.2, 77., 9.9, 1.5, 0.961},
{"Pays-Bas", 0.1, 4.3, 86.9, 7.2, 0.964},

{"Royaume-Uni", 2.3, 15.6, 76.8, 4.1, 0.947},
{"Suede", 44.7, 44.7, 3.9, 6.1, 0.963},
{"Suisse", 53.9, 41., 1.5, 1.7, 0.96},
{"Tchequie", 2.9, 29.6, 66.5, 1., 0.903},
{"Hongrie", 0.5, 36.7, 54.3, 8.1, 0.879},
{"Russie", 18.7, 15.9, 65., 0., 0.817},
{"Ukraine", 6.4, 48.1, 45.5, 0.1, 0.796},
{"Afrique.du.Sud", 2.3, 4.3, 93.3, 0.1, 0.683},
{"Chine", 14.2, 2., 83.5, 0.3, 0.772},
{"Japon", 7.5, 24.2, 65.6, 2.2, 0.96},

{"Inde", 15.2, 2.6, 80.4, 1.8, 0.612},
{"Nouvelle-Zelande", 54.4, 0., 34.2, 11.5, 0.95}
}

And I Imported it as a text file with option "data".


Then I can select only the data by


 tmp1 = Rest[tmp[[All, 2 ;; 6]]]

Then I can calculate the matrix of correlations


 Correlation[tmp1] 


No problem and easy done. But I want to make a nice presentation of the correlation coefficient in a grid or a table with the name of the items as entry in line and column and positive correlation in blue - or the background of its cell in LightBlue and in LightRed the negative correlations.


At the end, I would like to conduct an acp and make presentation as in R. One can find an example here.


How can I do this ?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...