Skip to main content

dynamic - Clickable clock making sound


I have a moving clock


Dynamic[Refresh[ClockGauge[], UpdateInterval -> 1]]

which should be clickable.


Program should make a sound when hand of a clock will touch the point where I clicked before.


I found something like this:



EventHandler[
Framed@"Play", {"MouseClicked" :>
EmitSound[Sound@SoundNote["C", 10*^10, "Flute"]],
"MouseExited" :> EmitSound[Sound@SoundNote[SoundVolume -> 0]]}]

to make a sound on click.


But I don't know how to get the position of clicked point.



Answer



Here is a quick first draft:


DynamicModule[{s = 0, pt = {0, 1}}, 

Column@{ClickPane[
Dynamic[Show[Refresh[Graphics[ClockGauge[]], UpdateInterval -> 1],
Graphics[{Red, Point[pt]}]]],
(pt = #; s = 30*(1 + ArcTan[-pt[[2]], -pt[[1]]]/Pi)) &],
DynamicWrapper[Dynamic@s,
If[DateValue["Second"] == Round[s],
EmitSound[Sound@SoundNote["C", 0.5, "Flute"]]],
UpdateInterval -> 1]}]

I'll leave the further refinement to you.





In response to a comment.
Using the value of Clock:


DynamicModule[{pt = {0, 1}, secondHand = Line[{{0, 0}, {0, 55}}], clock = 0}, 
Column@{ClickPane[
Dynamic[Show[Graphics[Circle[{0, 0}, 60]],
Graphics[
Dynamic[{Rotate[secondHand, (clock = Clock[{0, 59, 1}])*-Pi/30, {0, 0}]}]],
Graphics[{Red, Point[pt]}]]],
(pt = #; s = 30*(1 + ArcTan[-pt[[2]], -pt[[1]]]/Pi)) &],

DynamicWrapper[Dynamic@s,
If[clock == Round[s],
EmitSound[Sound@SoundNote["C", 0.5, "Flute"]]],
UpdateInterval -> 1]}]

Using the rotated secondHand:


DynamicModule[{pt = {0, 1}, secondHand = Line[{{0, 0}, {0, 55}}], rSH}, 
Column@
{ClickPane[
Dynamic[Show[Graphics[Circle[{0, 0}, 60]],

Graphics[
Dynamic[{rSH = Rotate[secondHand, Clock[{0, 59, 1}]*-Pi/30, {0, 0}]}]],
Graphics[{Red, Point[pt]}]]],
(pt = #; s = 30*(1 + ArcTan[-pt[[2]], -pt[[1]]]/Pi)) &],
DynamicWrapper[Dynamic@s,
If[rSH[[2]]*-30/Pi == Round[s],
EmitSound[Sound@SoundNote["C", 0.5, "Flute"]]],
UpdateInterval -> 1]}]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...