Skip to main content

front end - Strange caching of Palette's TaggingRules


Please follow those steps to get the idea about the problem:




  1. Let's create a palette:


    nb = CreatePalette[
    DynamicModule[{},
    Panel["Hello you!", ImageSize -> 500, Alignment -> Center]

    ,
    SynchronousInitialization -> False,
    Initialization :> (
    CreateDocument@CurrentValue[EvaluationNotebook[], TaggingRules]
    )
    ],
    WindowTitle -> "Palette B ",
    TaggingRules -> {"B" -> 1123}
    ];



  2. And save it to users palettes directory.


    palettePath = FileNameJoin[{$UserBaseDirectory, "SystemFiles", 
    "FrontEnd", "Palettes", "TESTPalette.nb"}];

    NotebookSave[ nb, palettePath ];
    NotebookClose @ nb;


  3. Reset menus to show it there:



    MathLink`CallFrontEnd[ FrontEnd`ResetMenusPacket[{Automatic, Automatic}]]


    enter image description here





  4. Click on the item or run FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenFromPalettesMenu", FileNameTake @ palettePath] and we have it working:



    enter image description here






  5. Close the palette and delete it.


    DeleteFile @ palettePath


  6. Repeat steps 1-4 with different TaggingRules


     WindowTitle -> "Palette A",
    TaggingRules -> {"A" -> 1112}



The problem


Now there is a new Palette's Menu item - "Palette A" - and that notebook is opened when clicked, yet the old TaggingRules with "B" are prompted...



enter image description here





  • But the file is saved correctly:



    FilePrint @ palettePath

    shows that there is "A" inside TaggingRules. So "B" was somehow, cached somewhere.




  • Also, when one opens the notebook manually or with NotebookOpen @ paletePath it works well...




  • The problem remains after restarting Mathematica.





  • The SynchronousInitialization option is necessary, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem without it.




What is going on and how to deal with this?



Answer



As noted by ilian, this behaviour is explained in StoringAndTrackingPaletteStates tutorial.


Shortly, CurrentValue[$FrontEnd, System`PalettesMenuSettings] keeps those values cached.


In order to achieve what I described in the question we have to drop an entry that coresponds to our palette.


It doesn't really matter when it's done. Just do it before you need it to work :)



CurrentValue[$FrontEnd, System`PalettesMenuSettings] = DeleteCases[
CurrentValue[$FrontEnd, System`PalettesMenuSettings],
FileNameTake[palettePath] -> _
]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...