Skip to main content

visualization - Number of divisors visualized with the QPochhammer function, how to improve performance of code?


I have this code that is originally Jeffrey Stopple's code for the Riemann zeta function in the complex plane. Because I discovered yesterday that the number of divisors can be generated with the $q$-Pochhammer symbol (QPochhammer), and since Mathematica shows a plot of QPochhammer, I thought that plotting it would be fun.


Here is the code that needs improvement:


Show[Graphics[RasterArray[
Table[Hue[Mod[3 Pi/2 +
Arg[Sum[(s + I t)^(n - 1)*(QPochhammer[(s + I t)^(n + 1), (s + I t)]/

QPochhammer[(s + I t)^(n), (s + I t)]), {n, 1, 100}]],
2 Pi]/(2 Pi)], {t, -1.1, 1.1, .05}, {s, -1.1, 1.1, .05}]]],
AspectRatio -> Automatic]

And the code for the number of divisors:


CoefficientList[
Series[Sum[
x^(n - 1)*(QPochhammer[x^(n + 1), x]/QPochhammer[x^(n), x]), {n, 1,
104}], {x, 0, 103}], x] (*_ Mats Granvik_,Jan 03 2015*)


1, 2, 2, 3, 2, 4, 2, 4, 3, 4, 2, 6, 2, 4, 4, 5, 2, 6, 2, 6, 4, 4, 2, 8, 3, 4, 4,
6, 2, 8, 2, 6, 4, 4, 4, 9, 2, 4, 4, 8, 2, 8, 2, 6, 6, 4, 2, 10, 3, 6, 4, 6, 2, 8,
4, 8, 4, 4, 2, 12, 2, 4, 6, 7, 4, 8, 2, 6, 4, 8, 2,...

The plot from the first program that I would like to improve:


Divisors from QPochhammer


Already if someone could post a plot with higher resolution, I would be glad. My computer is rather old.



Answer



It looks like you want to plot the phase-only information of a complex function. Using the following helper functions for plotting the phase-only information complex functions:


hue = Compile[{{z, _Complex}}, {Mod[3 π/2 + Arg[z], 

2 π]/(2 π), 1, If[Abs[z] > 10^-3, 1, 0]},
CompilationTarget -> "C", RuntimeAttributes -> {Listable}];
ComplexPlotC[f_, {x0_, x1_, δx_}, {y0_, y1_, δy_}] :=
Image[hue[
f[Outer[Complex, Range[x0, x1, δx],
Range[y1, y0, -δy]]]]\[Transpose], ColorSpace -> Hue,
Magnification -> 1];
CCompileC[expr_] :=
Compile[{{z, _Complex}}, Evaluate[expr], CompilationTarget -> "C",
RuntimeAttributes -> {Listable}];


You can then compile your function and plot it (I'll only sum 10 terms, rather than 100, as using 100 would take quite a long time):


func = CCompileC[
If[Abs[z] >= 0.999, 0,
Sum[z^(n - 1)*(QPochhammer[z^(n + 1), z]/
QPochhammer[z^(n), z]), {n, 1, 10}]]];
ComplexPlotC[func, {-1 + 10^-6 RandomReal[], 1,
0.003}, {-1 + 10^-6 RandomReal[], 1, 0.003}]

which gives the following:



enter image description here


Here is a 100-term sum picture (open in separate tab to see slightly larger picture):


enter image description here


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

plotting - How to draw lines between specified dots on ListPlot?

I would like to create a plot where I have unconnected dots and some connected. So far, I have figured out how to draw the dots. My code is the following: ListPlot[{{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4,13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full] I have thought using ListLinePlot command, but I don't know how to specify to the command to draw only selected lines between the dots. Do have any suggestions/hints on how to do that? Thank you. Answer One possibility would be to use Epilog with Line : ListPlot[ {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}, {4, 4}, {1, 4}, {2, 5}, {3, 6}, {4, 7}, {1, 7}, {2, 8}, {3, 9}, {4, 10}, {1, 10}, {2, 11}, {3, 12}, {4, 13}, {2.5, 7}}, Ticks -> {{1, 2, 3, 4}, None}, AxesStyle -> Thin, TicksStyle -> Directive[Black, Bold, 12], Mesh -> Full, Epilog -> { Line[ ...

dynamic - How can I make a clickable ArrayPlot that returns input?

I would like to create a dynamic ArrayPlot so that the rectangles, when clicked, provide the input. Can I use ArrayPlot for this? Or is there something else I should have to use? Answer ArrayPlot is much more than just a simple array like Grid : it represents a ranged 2D dataset, and its visualization can be finetuned by options like DataReversed and DataRange . These features make it quite complicated to reproduce the same layout and order with Grid . Here I offer AnnotatedArrayPlot which comes in handy when your dataset is more than just a flat 2D array. The dynamic interface allows highlighting individual cells and possibly interacting with them. AnnotatedArrayPlot works the same way as ArrayPlot and accepts the same options plus Enabled , HighlightCoordinates , HighlightStyle and HighlightElementFunction . data = {{Missing["HasSomeMoreData"], GrayLevel[ 1], {RGBColor[0, 1, 1], RGBColor[0, 0, 1], GrayLevel[1]}, RGBColor[0, 1, 0]}, {GrayLevel[0], GrayLevel...

list manipulation - Selecting multiple columns from a matrix?

Sample data: data = { {{2013, 1, 1}, 24.13, 167.67, 231.82}, {{2013, 1, 2}, 32.15, 170.92, 225.99}, {{2013, 1, 3}, 35.43, 172.68, 221.67}, {{2013, 1, 4}, 36.73, 173.05, 218.32}, {{2013, 1, 5}, 58.19, 165.96, 197.05}, {{2013, 1, 6}, 69.99, 163.50, 187.52}, {{2013, 1, 7}, 71.37, 154.21, 175.58}, {{2013, 1, 8}, 72.51, 149.66, 163.25}}; I want a DateListPlot with three graphs, so for a matrix formed by columns 1 and 2, one for columns 1 and 3, and 1 for columns 1 and 4. At the moment I'm using this code: data2 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 2]]}]; data3 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 3]]}]; data4 = Transpose[{data[[All, 1]], data[[All, 4]]}]; DateListPlot[{data2, data3, data4}, Joined -> True, Filling -> {3 -> {1}}] but I have a hunch that this can be done more efficiently. I don't like the Transpose s in particular. Any ideas? edit (for extra credit) What if I need to multiply the second column by 2, which in my solution is simp...